Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Views sought on upcoming Palace fixture

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm attending a meeting at the Amex on Thursday night alongside some other Albion fan reps, some CPFC fan reps, people from both clubs and police from both sides.

There is no official agenda for the meeting but the aim is to look at the pre, during and post-match aspects of the fixture.

If you have any particular concerns you would like raised, or have observations from the last meeting (I know I've erased that whole night from my memory) then please mention them here, or PM me directly if you prefer, and I'll ensure they are raised.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just another game.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yeah what disenfectant are we using to clean the away end after they’ve gone?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Will there be half and half scarves available

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that too much emphasis is placed on this game as to both teams it is just another game with 3 points at stake, that both managers will want to win. Think all concerned should play it down as a possible trouble scenario.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm attending a meeting at the Amex on Thursday night alongside some other Albion fan reps, some CPFC fan reps, people from both clubs and police from both sides.
So it's going to be a dust up with the police as refs or what?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Could you pass on to the club that I think it’s a bit pathetic that the two clubs/police can’t handle a full away fan allocation, when far bigger rivalries in English football manage it every season, without any major problems. It’s like we haven’t really joined the big league yet.

Thanks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Will there be half and half scarves available

I genuinely hope there are. I’m buying one if there is. I run a company with a Palace fan, and it would be a nice addition to our wall. In a sort of ‘football has truly sold its soul to the devil’, kind of way.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can we just do the right thing and play 'Living next door to Alice' a la Millwall before kick-off :D

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As the club are so good at making the away fans feel at home can they pump the away concourse full of about 3 inches of piss and put a broken down washing machine and burnt out mattress in the entrance

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There is no official agenda for the meeting but the aim is to look at the pre, during and post-match aspects of the fixture.

As the clubs/police have already decided on a reduced allocation, it would tend to suggest that this is and attempt to play down any conflict, is just paying lip service to any sort of consultation and that they don't really care what fans think.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
A serious request... can the Police make it clear before the game whether or not they are going to operate a blockade around the away end and prevent Albion fans heading from the West stand directly up to the P&R.

On at least one previous game they chose to do this without prior warning which was a right chuffing pain up the aris.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Can we not do that, everyone must walk clockwise when they leave the ground thing again please... absolutely knackered me out last time by nigh on doubling my walk... I’d be much happier running the gauntlet of the Palace fans :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here