Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Amex Sausage Rolls

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
YHtyPLp.png

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I do because we were told by the EHO in Guildford that chicken should NEVER be reheated. The pies should be made completely and sold hot or cooked completely left to cool and then sold cold. Hence we stopped selling chicken pies and only did so as part of a special when we knew we would sell them all after wife had made them. Apparently it was all to do with bacteria forming in reheated chicken, and the pies do not get to a high enough temperature on the 2nd heating to kill that bacteria, well thats what they told us.

The above is supposed to go with this quote.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
As I said earlier perhaps the attitudes have changed as they have with eggs causing salmonella when Edwina Currie said. Modern science and investigation has a lot to its credit.

The screenshot i put up. They have been assisting/helping EHO for 25 years.

Their are about 15 foods we are advised not to re-heat rice.potatoes etc but we all do it. Anyhow its how there stored after cooking which is more important.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The screenshot i put up. They have been assisting/helping EHO for 25 years.

Their are about 15 foods we are advised not to re-heat rice.potatoes etc but we all do it. Anyhow its how there stored after cooking which is more important.

I left Guildford pub 23 years ago. I must say I had no problem when at the ones in Midhurst and Burgess Hill with EHO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well Bangers 'Pie Champion of the World' crown didn't last long.

Today I went a bit left-field, started the season of goodwill early and had a turkey, gammon, stuffing and cranberry pie from these people:-

https://www.turnerspies.co.uk/

You poor poor souls living in lesser Sussex, being deprived of a vastly superior, chunky pie, for the princely sum of £3.50.
If you can get a visa Turners are worth the journey.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have just had a chicken curry for dinner, I will be reheating the left overs tomorrow for lunch. I have done this many times and found the curry is better a day or two later and not been ill. I hope I will be ok.

I have just had a chicken curry for dinner, I will be reheating the left overs tomorrow for lunch. I have done this many times and found the curry is better a day or two later and not been ill. I hope I will be ok.

RIP there mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here