Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Kevin Spacey.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now Kevin Spacey is facing a backlash for rather flippant comments regarding an alleged incident involving an at the time 14 year old boy.

http://news.sky.com/story/kevin-spa...ash-over-teen-sex-harassment-apology-11105672

He at first implies he does not recall the incident, then apologises for inappropriate drunken behaviour....

Eh.... how does that work.... You don't recall the incident, but do remember that you were drunk....
Get your excuse in, just in case..

The arrogance of these rich people, they think they can square things away with a preemptive apology and an excuse...

Does this make you wonder if there was more to this story at the time ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-300673/Spacey-comes-clean-mugging.html

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Now Kevin Spacey is facing a backlash for rather flippant comments regarding an alleged incident involving an at the time 14 year old boy.

http://news.sky.com/story/kevin-spa...ash-over-teen-sex-harassment-apology-11105672

He at first implies he does not recall the incident, then apologises for inappropriate drunken behaviour....

Eh.... how does that work.... You don't recall the incident, but do remember that you were drunk....

The arrogance of these rich people, they think they can square things away with a preemptive apology and an excuse...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-300673/Spacey-comes-clean-mugging.html

What I find worse, is that he has used this to come out as Gay. What the hell has being gay got to do with Sexual Abuse, oh its fine guys, I've finally come out as gay so we can all just move on from this.

What a helmet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What I find worse, is that he has used this to come out as Gay. What the hell has being gay got to do with Sexual Abuse, oh its fine guys, I've finally come out as gay so we can all just move on from this.

What a helmet.
This.

"I'm sorry I tried to molest a minor. Oh, by the way I'm gay. "

Nob.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

What a helmet.

I think it has been fairly common lnowledge for a long time that he is gay. He has not used it to "come out".

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Didn't he fly on Jeffrey Epstein's (in)famous Jet too?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Playing devil's advocate for a minute, he could have been aware that he was drunk at the time but not the specifics of what happened. It was 30 years ago so entirely feasible that Spacey recalls very little of the incident and so the apology he's made could well be genuine rather than trying to play down what happened or hide the truth.

I'm not trying to imply that the incident didn't happen nor that I think Spacey is telling the truth but that I'd hesitate before finding Spacey guilty in the court of public opinion. Saying that though, Spacey still doesn't come out of it in a very good light whatever way you look at it and I don't think he's helped himself here by using this apology as a way of publicly declaring himself as gay. I don't think anyone is in the least bit surprised by this news and to be honest, who really cares about which way he swings?

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro

"Anthony Rapp, who was 14, said Spacey invited him to a party and seemed drunk when the alleged incident happened."

(BBC)

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
I think it has been fairly common lnowledge for a long time that he is gay. He has not used it to "come out".

It is the first time he has publicly stated that he is gay.

As others have said, it should not have been in the same statement as one denying / apologising for sexually approaching a 14 year old boy.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
You didn't bother to read his statement then?

He also used the occasion to "address other things about my life", and admitted "now to live as a gay man".

I had read his statement and was fairly puzzled by it. I believe he has been openly living with a male partner for some time.

I'm not using that in any way to excuse what might have happened 40 years ago.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I had read his statement and was fairly puzzled by it. I believe he has been openly living with a male partner for some time.

I'm not using that in any way to excuse what might have happened 40 years ago.

That may be, but it just seems to have no relevance to the 'sexual assualt' claim being made against him.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
if he had said he grabed them by the pussy the snowflakes would be haveing a Rodney- fest. One rule for great world leeders like Donald Trump and another for leftie liblets who read the Grauniad.
regards
DR

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I think the fella making the allegation mentions in his interview that he thought Spacey was drunk so possible that Spacey doesn't remember but is able to put it down to being drunk.

Inexcusable either way.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
But he has no recollection

Ok any rape or sexual assaults shall now not go to court, because the alleged perpetrator has no recollection.

There you go solved for you.

I fail to see why so many people are seemingly defending him or offering up excuses. Is it because it is male on male ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It is not a competition, I was just offering my opinion as to how rich celebrities seem to be condescending and hide behind excuses such as Harvey Weinstein and numerous other wealthy stars.
Yeah I know, I'm just highlighting that the problem here is people who abuse children, regardless of whether they're wealthy or not. I know we have the MPs scandal, and with celebrities too they give the impression they operate above the law, but I'm not sure it's much different with your average peado, who no doubt behaves just as badly and believes they can get away with it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here