Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton u23 v Brighton U23 tonight 7pm K.O

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
More game time for Baldock and Kayal tonight perhaps .

Following the first-team’s 1-1 draw against Southampton yesterday, Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-23s travel to the Staplewood Training Ground to play the Saints in the Premier League 2 Division 2 this evening, kick-off 7pm.

The Seagulls are without a league victory in their last six games, but three points against their south-coast neighbours would move them level on points with Radhi Jaidi’s team after nine matches.

Albion were denied victory at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre ten days ago, when a late penalty made it 2-2 against Middlesbrough, after Sam Baldock and George Cox had found the back of the net.

Southampton’s three-game winning streak came to an end last time out, as they were beaten 3-0 at Norwich City, which followed wins over Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United.

With a number of first-team players being left out of Chris Hughton’s 18-man matchday squad recently, under-23s coach Simon Rusk could utilise Albion’s strength in depth in Hampshire this evening.

Albion supporters can follow a live text blog from this evening’s game on the Match Centre, while a match report will be published after the game has concluded.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm sure I'm not the only one reading your posts-much appreciated,but I'm shy!:blush:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm taking this to mean that the match will be made available by Southampton for live viewing:-

[TWEET]925030290984235008[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jayson Molumby makes just his second U-23 appearance of the season. Left-back George Cox is now the only ever-present for the U-23s this season. First team squad members Niki Maenpaa, Connor Goldson and Uwe Huenemeier make their first appearances for the U-23s this campaign (to give an idea of the degree of turnover at this level, the Albion have now named 39 players on an U-23 teamsheet in 2017-18):-

[TWEET]925060025546141701[/TWEET]

[TWEET]925059984840421381[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If that were the case I would have thought that they would have played him rather than Maenpaa who doesnt even get on the bench now.

Teams are allowed to play 3 over-age outfield players, plus an over-age goalkeeper. So, even if Maenpaa wasn't playing, Albion couldn't field a fourth over-age outfield player.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Good save from, er, Menepper.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here