Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hemed v Murray pro's and con's

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Groß is undroppable in my opinion. If you have to put Baldock in then drop Stephens/Pröpper and move Groß deeper.

Have to agree. I see Badock as an option if we are chasing a game and want 2 out and out strikers on the pitch of different styles.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
For me hemed needs to many chances to score.He has done well so far though this season.good championship player i think Baldock will do alright once he returns to fitness.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Will this be Glenn's last year as a Prem striker?Bet those bruises take longer to go now.Tomer should be our long-term striker,with the new guy in January :)angel:).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not a chance, I think Muzza made the second amount of defensive clearences after Duffy Yesterday, the work Murray does defending is invaluable.

As a fan I would rather see someone like Hemed put in everything he has got, where as Murray seems to cruise throuh games at times, but it is just their individual styles and I don't think Hemed is anywhere near as good as Murray, but he has raised his game and the shirt could still be his if it wasnt the the Newcastle incident.

(Sorry not all of my reply was aimed at you)

My post wasn't in anyway to suggest Murray isn't good in the air, just who was perhaps better out of Murray and Tomer, and even then, I qualified that. You didn't need to defend Murray's ability when I wasn't actually criticising that really.

Murray has the edge over Hemed, and Chris clearly thinks so in his time with them both too. Great that they are pushing each other though, and it is good for us that actually, right now you'd be reasonably happy with either picked up front.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Groß is undroppable in my opinion. If you have to put Baldock in then drop Stephens/Pröpper and move Groß deeper.

He is undroppable currently, but dropping stephens or propper is also out of the question. Gross could not do the job those 2 do for us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Murray's biggest weakness, which is even more apparent now against the better organised defenses in the PL, is that he gets caught off-side way too often. I think Hemed has closed the gap considerably with his performances this season so far. Murray is still the better natural finisher, but I would suggest Hemed's all-round play is superior. You've just got to go with the player who's in form. If they currently have the shirt they keep the shirt, so Murray for now it is.

That's about where I am. Murray is the better finisher, Hemed is a better at all-round play.
Both lack pace, as does Gross. The acceleration comes from our wingers, and Izquierdo is something else on that front.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hemed is better because he gives defences a harder time and he is not tainted by Palarse or even by wanting to go back to Palarse pre season.

Glenn puts Glenn first.

Hemed is also a nice bloke that really cares for the team.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton

Groß generally played deeper for Ingolstadt so I can see that happening.
It's not something we've seen from Hughton yet but an attacking substitution where Stephens comes off Groß drops back and either Izzy comes on or perhaps March and Knocky shifts inside.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It genuinely scares me that some people think Gross should be replaced by Baldock.

Seriously, that's crazy. Gross has been involved in almost every goal we've scored, but sure, let's replace him with a guy involved in a goal every 10 games or so. :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It genuinely scares me that some people think Gross should be replaced by Baldock.
Are you "genuinely scared" by the sound of your bowl of rice crispies in the morning too?

Or when you say "it genuinely scares me", do you actually mean "it doesn't genuinely scare me"?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that there is one aspect of TH game that exceeds GM unless you like players taking a penalty and jinking it rather than hit it to beat the goalkeeper. I personally do not,

As regards Baldock I would like to see him on the bench with TH and possibly brought on for Gross late on to offer fresh legs
and possibly around the same time TH for GM to do the same. Sorry I cannot see any justification in bringing Brown on at any time and feel that it may be in everybody interest to allow him to return to Chelsea in January and perhaps then go out on loan to a challenging Championship team. Perhaps I am expecting too much from him.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I do not think that there is one aspect of TH game that exceeds GM unless you like players taking a penalty and jinking it rather than hit it to beat the goalkeeper. I personally do not,.

Hemed has a better penalty conversion rate than Murray.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
That was a point I alluded to but I still dont like the way he takes penalties and if both were on the field I would go for GM to blast it home.

Even though GM has a worse conversion ratio, you'd prefer him to take them?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Are you "genuinely scared" by the sound of your bowl of rice crispies in the morning too?

Or when you say "it genuinely scares me", do you actually mean "it doesn't genuinely scare me"?

I think it's perfectly reasonable to be scared by how daft people can be.

Surely it's no more irrational than a "fear" of clowns. I fear blind people's football opinions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even though GM has a worse conversion ratio, you'd prefer him to take them?

What is their respective records of missed/saved penalties. I always believe that TH will have his saved and just waiting. When GM takes one I think that he is going to score. Probably just the way they take them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They are both lovely. Wine and cider are lovely. Steak and fish are lovely. When I'm in a top restaurant with a host of the class of Chris Hughton, I will leave the big issues, such as whether to have lager or bitter with my chips, to the top man, and think myself lucky.

And the answer is yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here