Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk's low driving cross-field pass

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
This is why I think a £30m~ bid from Liverpool in the summer feels increasingly inevitable.

An English centrehalf that is adept at defending as well as raking 50 yard passes seems like the exact thing Klopp wants and needs to sign.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Remember his performance against Wednesday, the run forward and pass with the outside of the boot, the opposition were gushing about him then!

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
His ping vs Man City to knockaert went largely unnoticed. If he did that now....

Pass of the century.

7j8mk_1.gif

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Also liked the fact Bruno takes off as soon as he sees the pass going to Dunky, he knows what's coming even before Dunk gets the ball. Great teamwork.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And now we have Jermain Jenas biggingup both Dunk and Duffy for their skills on the ball as well as their defending. If Van Djik (sp?) is worth 50 million then Dunk is worth at least that. One thing for sure-January window will be tough hanging on to him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This is why I think a £30m~ bid from Liverpool in the summer feels increasingly inevitable.

An English centrehalf that is adept at defending as well as raking 50 yard passes seems like the exact thing Klopp wants and needs to sign.

I cannot believe big bids haven't come in already. Liverpool are crying out for someone like him.

larus

My concern is that success so far (which, IMO, our start is successful), has been built on a solid defence.

We aren't scoring lots nor creating loads of chances. We've relied upon being strong at the back, well organised and a great team ethic. If either or both of them were to go, would we be able to be that difficult to break-down.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My concern is that success so far (which, IMO, our start is successful), has been built on a solid defence.

We aren't scoring lots nor creating loads of chances. We've relied upon being strong at the back, well organised and a great team ethic. If either or both of them were to go, would we be able to be that difficult to break-down.

With Hunemeier as back up I've never been too worried if either Dunk or Duffy are out of a match. In any other Albion side that I've ever watched, Hunemeier would have been one of the first names on the starting 11.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

We've scored 10 which is about midtable in the prem.... can't ask for much more !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That pass with the outside of his boot last season at Sheff Weds (?) to set up Baldock (?) and his goal was an absolute peach and my all-time favourite long ball pass from Dunk*.

*apologies for the vagueness. I'm never any good at recalling specific matches or who scored what.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With Hunemeier as back up I've never been too worried if either Dunk or Duffy are out of a match. In any other Albion side that I've ever watched, Hunemeier would have been one of the first names on the starting 11.

....although it was Goldson, and not the BFG, on the bench yesterday.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I see Goldson and Hunemeier as back-up for Dunk and Duffy respectively.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

We've scored 10 which is about midtable in the prem.... can't ask for much more !!
Have to agree with larus, word for word basically.

10 goals in 10 games isn't terrible, but it's on the light side - only the 3 relegated teams scored a goal per game or less last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here