Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I thought Dunk was happy in Brighton and all the while we are in the PL he wants to say - Again i could be making this up but i thought that was what he basically said in the Dunk and Stevens interview on the Beeb

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
By the time next summer comes around Dunk will have completed his first full season in the Premier league having helped Brighton to survive comfortably, his defensive qualities, and range of passing will also see him gaining his first few England caps and will be on his way to the World Cup finals with a reputation as "one to watch". After the World Cup finals he may well be one of the hottest properties in world football, attracting interest from not just the best in the Premier league but also from the best in Europe.

I dont think anyone would argue all this is possible, not definite but possible, so for Brighton to sell in January is ludicrous, even to sell before the world cup, assuming Dunk is selected. His value after the world cup may well ne at its peak, it could only be improved by consistantly playing in the Champions league, which for all the will in the world is unlikely to be at Brighton.

So after the World Cup, is the time to cash in, my main concern is that whoever wants to buy may want the lad next to him too, because they really are an exceptional partnership and all of the above is also possible for Duffy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Given what our owner did in the last few transfer windows I am going to say that there is NO chance Dunk is going anywhere in January. Sadly in July I think we'll struggle to keep him, even if we've stayed up. The only consolation will be the £40m+ fee I think we'll ask for and get.
If the club were serious about keeping him and turning down that sort of money then 'd give him the armband now though.

Im actually very hopeful that Dunk will stay, way beyond the January and August transter windows anyway. Two main reasons a) Why would he want to leave? he is a Premier League player now, is our captain in waiting, and playing for the home town club that he loves. b) Why would the club need to sell him? even he were to fetch the £40 million that some on this thread seem to think that he is worth, it would probably cost at kleast half that to fund a suitable replacement. I'm sure that Tony Bloom and the directors will be very wary to braek up possibly the best centre back partnership in the league.

Providing we retain our Peremier League status, l can see Dunky staying well beyond the end of this saeson. I only hope l'm right.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
By the time next summer comes around Dunk will have completed his first full season in the Premier league having helped Brighton to survive comfortably, his defensive qualities, and range of passing will also see him gaining his first few England caps and will be on his way to the World Cup finals with a reputation as "one to watch". After the World Cup finals he may well be one of the hottest properties in world football, attracting interest from not just the best in the Premier league but also from the best in Europe.

I dont think anyone would argue all this is possible, not definite but possible, so for Brighton to sell in January is ludicrous, even to sell before the world cup, assuming Dunk is selected. His value after the world cup may well ne at its peak, it could only be improved by consistantly playing in the Champions league, which for all the will in the world is unlikely to be at Brighton.

So after the World Cup, is the time to cash in, my main concern is that whoever wants to buy may want the lad next to him too, because they really are an exceptional partnership and all of the above is also possible for Duffy.

Errr . . no. I read what you say and agree with the vast majority of it. Until the last few words and your reference to Duffy. I love big Shane too, but Lewis Dunk he most certainly isn't. Dont get me wrong, I think he does a wonderful job alongside Dunky, getting his head on the end of crosses, and his big body blocking opposition shots on goal. It is Lewis who is the real footballer though, and his skills will take him much further than his team mate. Would Shane Duffy attract any of the big names in world football? no. Would Lewis Dunk? you never know, he just might.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here