Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lamine Kone

My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

Lamine Kone

0 Not allowed!
    According to The Sun (yes I know) we are preparing a 5 million pound bid in the January transfer window for Sunderland Kone. Wouldn't surprise me as we made a bid north of 10 million in the summer. If this goes through I think a bigger club may be in for Dunk.......I think that club maybe Liverpool. Hope I am way off the mark but I just have a feeling this will happen.
    Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

He'll put a spell on you Screaming J's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Two quotes from the Observer's report of their defeat to Bristol City yesterday leave me underwhelmed:-

"Defending set pieces has become a serious problem for the fast regressing Lamine Kone (did Everton really bid £18m for him?)"

and

"Slapdash marking from the negligent Kone permitted O'Dowda to float a left wing corner in Djuric's direction...."
      How do we make the Falmer stadium rise? We agitate, educate, organise.
      (with apologies to Brother D)
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Screaming J View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Two quotes from the Observer's report of their defeat to Bristol City yesterday leave me underwhelmed:-

"Defending set pieces has become a serious problem for the fast regressing Lamine Kone (did Everton really bid £18m for him?)"

and

"Slapdash marking from the negligent Kone permitted O'Dowda to float a left wing corner in Djuric's direction...."
      I agree but we have been tracking him for a while. It would suggest our recruitment team see him as a cut price replacement or back up centre half, which at the moment we seem to have a good number of good players in this position. It's telling me he would be a rreplacement for someone leaving. Liverpool are desperate to improve their defence and I think a young English player of Dunks mold fits the bill. He would command a hefty fee of over 20 million IMHO.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
      Minister of Information

4 Not allowed!
      I couldn't get past 'The Sun' bit.

I trust the club to find a decent replacement when Dunk goes (I'm guessing next summer as it stands). Doubt if it's this one if he's struggling downstairs.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      I couldn't get past 'The Sun' bit.

I trust the club to find a decent replacement when Dunk goes (I'm guessing next summer as it stands). Doubt if it's this one if he's struggling downstairs.
      Exactly this. They’ll be nothing in it. We’ve very much moved on.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      According to The Sun (yes I know) we are preparing a 5 million pound bid in the January transfer window for Sunderland Kone. Wouldn't surprise me as we made a bid north of 10 million in the summer. If this goes through I think a bigger club may be in for Dunk.......I think that club maybe Liverpool. Hope I am way off the mark but I just have a feeling this will happen.
      I always knew you were a true blue mate reading the Sun.
      A new revolution, Blooming marvellous scenes -
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Given what our owner did in the last few transfer windows I am going to say that there is NO chance Dunk is going anywhere in January. Sadly in July I think we'll struggle to keep him, even if we've stayed up. The only consolation will be the £40m+ fee I think we'll ask for and get.
      If the club were serious about keeping him and turning down that sort of money then 'd give him the armband now though.

1 Not allowed!
      A deal fell through before the window shut for a CB on loan did it not?

It's clear we're after one without having to worry about our first choice moving on.

0 Not allowed!
      I agree but we have been tracking him for a while. It would suggest our recruitment team see him as a cut price replacement or back up centre half, which at the moment we seem to have a good number of good players in this position. It's telling me he would be a rreplacement for someone leaving. Liverpool are desperate to improve their defence and I think a young English player of Dunks mold fits the bill. He would command a hefty fee of over 20 million IMHO.
      I think that the source of this speculation is out of order.
      It was reported that CH had scouted SAFC and someone has made the assumption it was for Kone but in fact CH was equally reported as as looking at Duncan Watmore ( a right winger ) so god knows why ?
      Kone does not sound like a suitable replacement for Dunky as I think we already have better in Goldson and probably Hunemeier (spelling)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ferring seagull View Post
      I think that the source of this speculation is out of order.
      It was reported that CH had scouted SAFC and someone has made the assumption it was for Kone but in fact CH was equally reported as as looking at Duncan Watmore ( a right winger ) so god knows why?
      Could easily have been there to cast an eye over Didier Ndong, given that we were also looking to strengthen our central midfield with someone tough in the tackle.