Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My man of the match today. I thought he was absolutely superb going forward and defensively.

Looked like he could create something every time he had it in the final third and his unbelievable pace can create something out of nothing.

He's getting better and better with every game and it's really quite exciting imagining how good he could be with more and more game time. Fantastic signing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ha, funny how one can see different things in a player. I was a little disappointed with some of his distribution today and control at times let him down. Southampton were very defensive today and sat very deep, perhaps that didn't help?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ha, funny how one can see different things in a player. I was a little disappointed with some of his distribution today and control at times let him down. Southampton were very defensive today and sat very deep, perhaps that didn't help?

How I saw it. Has he put in a decent cross yet? (Serious question).

There is no doubt he is dangerous and can cut in and shoot......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Last week after the West Ham match Leroy Rosenior said that some of the time he looks like he doesn't know how to play football. He's so fast he forgets to take the ball with him sometimes but he is electric and he's got a good shot on him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chatting during the game and admiring his defensive shift, we concluded maybe that's why we didn't see much of him light my fire* cos CH and the team were training him up to be pl ready (AKA Albion ready) which he now is.

*early doors

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree with OP in terms of I thought he was brilliant. His pace alone is worth £10mil! So dangerous when put through...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sorry, the jury's out, and i'm prepared to give him time to get used to a different style and pace of the Premier League, but at the moment, he looks like a very expensive version of Lua Lua.
The most frustrating part is that he is keeping Solly out of the team and IMHO, Solly has been one of the major plusses of the season so far.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sorry, the jury's out, and i'm prepared to give him time to get used to a different style and pace of the Premier League, but at the moment, he looks like a very expensive version of Lua Lua.
The most frustrating part is that he is keeping Solly out of the team and IMHO, Solly has been one of the major plusses of the season so far.

Expecting to see Solly back next week.
Jose needs to get some crosses in, he as being marshalled fairly easily today because the defenders know which way he's ging.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Thought the first half he was pretty poor and maintain that was a game for Solly. His cutting inside was pretty ineffective in the first half and because a bit predictable. Solly/Bong overlapping and getting in behind them could have hurt Southampton today IMO...

He's still lookng very decent though, just didn't think today was really his game.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lovely thread of opinions. I'm far from convinced by Jose (fairly sure that Solly is better) but thought he put in a decent shift today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
There's definitely still some improvement to come with his crossing/final delivery and sometimes control, but even with those negatives he is still a lethal attacking threat and he does a great job going the other way too.

He was up against Cedric today who is an excellent full back, very quick, wanted by Barcelona and I thought he gave him as tough a game as he will get all season. Pundits always say real pace scares defenders and you can see that with him.

I hope he keeps his place.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's his second 90 mins in an Albion shirt he's a scored a great goal looking great defensively and even managed to take VVD out with a rocket of a shot he's exciting to watch

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The debate about wingers is fine and we are lucky to have, amongst others, Knocky, March and Izquierdo, then Murphy, Skalak et all !
Perhaps CH should be making better use than to introduce any one of them with 5/10 minutes remaining !
If the opposition suddenly find themselves looking at a completely different problem 10 minutes after half time and especially if they were having difficulty in coping previously ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here