Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A quarter of the way through the season - how are you feeling about it all?

How are you feeling about things so far?

• Very happy

Votes: 89 29.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 191 62.2%
  • So-so

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Delighted after the shambolic summer of trying to bring in a top striker. That could have been us where Palace are. Credit to the pleyers we have in stepping up and the new recruits. We are still a striker short and i also believe another midfielder of Premier league experience.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, we've still got 10 out of the 12 (virtually) guaranteed to lose games still to come, having only so far played two of them, but all in all I'm pretty happy with what we've achieved so far.

Surely those are just 'bonus' games?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely those are just 'bonus' games?

They are, but Liverpool are woefully inconsistent, Man Utd lost at Huddersfield and Chelsea are the only team to lose to Palace.

There's points to be had in those games - we're not going to be P12 L12.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
What was the big chance that didn't get converted (the big blue square inside the 6 yard box)?

[tweet]924663339229368326[/tweet]
Isn't it Murray's goal? I would think that goals scored are also included on an expected goals chart.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I voted 'Very Happy', as there wasn't an option for 'Extremely and ecstatically happy'.

Yeah ok, maybe I'm easily pleased, but I really thought we'd be in the bottom 3 at this stage and I can't believe how well we've adjusted. Outside the 'Scary Six' we've proved there's nothing else to be scared of - and even the top six teams can be beaten as Hudds and that lot up the road proved.

Let's hope we don't implode.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Happy. We've adapted better than I expected to the pace of the game at this level and compete physically without losing some of the flair we had in the last 2 seasons. Basically, we don't look out of place and I've experienced a few promotions where we have, at least to begin with. Also, I like the new additions; quality with good attitude and I was fearing we may go for a few experienced but uninspiring journeymen to shore up the midfield.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
With 10 games now played, it means we've just cross the quarter way point of the season.

Before the season started I'd have taken 12th spot all day long, but I still find myself feeling we should have 2-5 more points on the board and sitting very nicely in the top half of the table.

Most pleasing is the way we are very much look the Premier League part, strongly competitive against those sides we need to be competing with.[/QUOTE]

Very much this!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I think with that experienced higher standard striker we were after, we may have added a some more points at Watford and maybe Bournemouth...but overall, Very Happy.... Not ashamed to admit my membership of the bed wetter club at the close of the trf window.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We're 2 points better off than i expected us to be after 10 games so well happy , what pleases me the most is our GD , yes it's -1 but i envisaged that to be much worse at this stage .

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Happy+, not quite very happy.

Early in the season, performances are relatively more important. We have been getting stronger and more consistent as we have grown into the division.

The new players in particular have made good progress. We now have a strong core to the team. For long periods yesterday, Propper and Stephens ran the midfield. Their understanding and confidence is growing. Gross and Murray clearly have a decent partnership, Gross is such an intelligent player, and you can see how he is learning the League - staying on his feet better and not looking for FKs he knows now the refs don't give in the PL.

Although Knocky didn't have his best game yesterday, he kept working hard and his understanding with Bruno is legendary. You can see the kernel of a partnership developing between Bong and Izquierdo.

Barring bad injuries, I think we will be ok, because I think there is more to come as the team gels further.

It's always easy to think we've 'left points out there'. We should have shut down the Everton game. But equally, Knocky did handball in the build up to the goal yesterday. These things balance out.

Just loving being competitive.

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pretty happy - not only with the performances / points tally, which are hugely reassuring, but also with the Premier League itself - turns out its actually not shit to be part of.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Currently on track to break the 40 point barrier, don't look out of our depth and can still strengthen as Baldock returns to fitness and January gives us another chance to sign a striker. Groß is the bargain signing of the season across the entire division.

All in all, I'm happy. I would have gone for 'very happy' but we can justifiably feel like we could and should have more than 12 points at this stage. Were it not for Bruno's errant elbow against Everton we'd be ninth on 14 points, and that's not factoring in playing an hour against 10 men when we went to Watford.

The next two games are massive opportunities to get more points before a tough run kicks in.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very happy.

Started the season with 5 signings who have never kicked a ball in England, and didn't manage to sign the striker we feel we needed. 10 games on, Ryan, Propper, Gross, Izqueirdo all look fine additions, with the first 3 now well established and looking top drawer, Izqueirdo having a big impact, and to be fair to Suttner I think there is more to come from him. With Hemed and Murray both scoring regularly when playing, I can't be anything but very happy with 12 points and a team that I can see improving the more they play together. The team spirit has clearly embraced the new players very quickly.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No point in IFs, BUTs and MAYBEs - in every game there are multiple incidents that either do or don't lead to goals at both ends of the pitch - we have got the points we deserve to have.

It is obviously going to be pretty tight. We needed to beat either Everton or Southampton to suggest otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here