Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A quarter of the way through the season - how are you feeling about it all?

How are you feeling about things so far?

• Very happy

Votes: 89 29.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 191 62.2%
  • So-so

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
After the first three games, we looked a little out of our depth. But nearly everyone in the team has improved with every game and and we now look very composed and comfortable as this level. We can hold our own against almost anyone and are exceeding expectations.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
With 10 games now played, it means we've just cross the quarter way point of the season.

Before the season started I'd have taken 12th spot all day long, but I still find myself feeling we should have 2-5 more points on the board and sitting very nicely in the top half of the table.

Most pleasing is the way we are very much look the Premier League part, strongly competitive against those sides we need to be competing with.

Think of those points as school fee's!

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Really happy. And I firmly believe the best is yet to come, we're just settling in. Love it.

And getting a result against Stains when we didn't even bother turning up for the first half is a good sign in my book.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So, converting those 3 points into 12 points (putting us into 3rd place) would only make you VERY happy!

Yep. Maybe very, very. It isn’t, or wasn’t, beyond the realms of possibility picks up the 3 points in each of the aforementioned games was it?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Happy and will be very happy if our average points per game stays the same.... and will be ecstatic if we finish anywhere higher than 16th!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Glass definitely half full!Think the players have coped admirably with their new mates and going up a level.Dunk,Duffy,Gross,and Murray look comfortable,and Izqierdo is very promising.Think we just need to be realistic,and see if we strengthen in January.Mid-lower end of season,onwards and upwards :albion2:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Very happy.....We will have a bumpy journey at some point I am sure but if you had predicted we would have this many points after 10 games I would have been very sceptical. We've done well for new boys and we don't look out of depth. Supporters must always remember how far we have come in recent years, a draw against Saints might be disappointing to some.....but come on it was against a well established Premier league team who are a few years in front of us.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
More points than games played which can't be sniffed at - 6th in the last 5 form table as well which is excellent.

my slight concern is I really felt that Newcastle or Hudds would struggle and be down in the relegation zone and they're not. Some shocking starts for Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham granted but worry some will start to pick up

...maybe I just worry too much

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
I am very pleased with performances. Less pleased with points. And less pleased again with the points some of our relegation contenders have picked up away from home or against the top six.
So far so good, but if we have a run of bad luck and one of the relegation contenders below us find a bit of form we could easily be bottom four by Christmas.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I voted so-so because that was a bad performance and so it you think there is a good collective good performance there waiting to get out then you know you have a good team in the making

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am very pleased with performances. Less pleased with points. And less pleased again with the points some of our relegation contenders have picked up away from home or against the top six.
So far so good, but if we have a run of bad luck and one of the relegation contenders below us find a bit of form we could easily be bottom four by Christmas.

Nonsense...........................Those players will be nowhere near bottom all season and I would bet my left bollock on that not happening

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
More points than games played which can't be sniffed at - 6th in the last 5 form table as well which is excellent.

my slight concern is I really felt that Newcastle or Hudds would struggle and be down in the relegation zone and they're not. Some shocking starts for Palace, Bournemouth, Everton, West Ham granted but worry some will start to pick up

...maybe I just worry too much

Don't worry: they will be. Absolute guaranteed.

Newcastle have no fire power, but should be organised enough to stay up. Like us.

Marc Vaughan

Oct 30, 2017
Nonsense...........................Those players will be nowhere near bottom all season and I would bet my left bollock on that not happening

I sincerely hope that is true - not least because I've no idea what anyone do with your left bollock if they won that bet ...

Personally I think its early days, at present our team spirit is good and we're well organized, nearly every team has a bad spell at some point and I think it will be Brighton's ability to weather that when it arrives which will determine whether we flirt with relegation or stay well clear.

March could be a sticky month for us - we start with Arsenal (H) then have Everton (A), Man City (A) and Leicester (H). If we get mauled in those then it could knock the wind from our sails a little ... especially if we're visibly dragged towards a dog-fight at the bottom end of the table.

Now that hopefully won't happen - perhaps we'll be far clear or perhaps Everton will still be hiccuping and allow us a victory ... but the others that month will be hard matches, we're organized but against teams with incisive pacy attacks we are going to find it hard going at times.

I'm enjoying the season so far and frankly will probably continue to do so even if we go down - we've come a long way and I think we'll continue to do well and grow as a club, but life isn't always a straight line and sometimes its more a 'cha cha' ... you have to do the step back in order to move forward again :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here