Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A quarter of the way through the season - how are you feeling about it all?

How are you feeling about things so far?

• Very happy

Votes: 89 29.0%
  • Happy

Votes: 191 62.2%
  • So-so

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • Unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There is definitely an element of thinking we could be doing even better than we are, but we're out of the bottom three and ahead of the lot up the road - as long as those both remain the case, I'm a happy camper.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I voted v.happy, but I am concerned at our lack of firepower. I believe that no team has ever been relegated from the Premier League with a TSR of 0.52 or higher. Our TSR after 9 games was averaging 0.38, so we defiantly need to improve that stat to stand a chance of survival.

TSR stands for Total Shots Ratio, it is calculated by adding total shots for and total shots against, then dividing total shots for by the result. It is a very strong indicator for predicting a teams chance of survival.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Better than I could have expected in my wildest dreams. Bring on the sheep sh@ggers.

table.JPG

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I voted v.happy, but I am concerned at our lack of firepower. I believe that no team has ever been relegated from the Premier League with a TSR of 0.52 or higher. Our TSR after 9 games was averaging 0.38, so we defiantly need to improve that stat to stand a chance of survival.

TSR stands for Total Shots Ratio, it is calculated by adding total shots for and total shots against, then dividing total shots for by the result. It is a very strong indicator for predicting a teams chance of survival.

xG is better, surely, as it rates the quality of the shot. Not all shots are created equal etc etc.

And with that, this is the xG from today. What was the big chance that didn't get converted (the big blue square inside the 6 yard box)?

[tweet]924663339229368326[/tweet]

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I reckon Huddersfield and Swansea will struggle more than us. If Dyche goes to Burnley that will weaken them.

I then reckon we are in a battle with Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham, Burnley, Stoke, Newcastle and West Brom for the third spot.
We've still got a lot of hard work ahead of us.
I see the Swansea game as a six pointer.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
xG is better, surely, as it rates the quality of the shot. Not all shots are created equal etc etc.

And with that, this is the xG from today. What was the big chance that didn't get converted (the big blue square inside the 6 yard box)?

[tweet]924663339229368326[/tweet]

Further to your previous thread re xG I was intrigued, So I bought The football code by James Tippett. A Very interesting read for anyone interested in learning more about xG.

Shane Duffys Header over the bar I think was the missed chance?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We absolutely look like we belong. Not saying we'll definitely stay up but now I wouldn't be surprised at all if we do.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Very happy. I thought that we would need to get a point a game over the season to finish out of the botrom 3. So far so good and ahead of schedule.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I remember the last day of transfer deadline day on here. The general consensus was the failure to bring in a big money/loan striker, has condemned us to inevitable relegation.

On that basis, the start to this season has been well above expectations. We have scored a respectable number of goals, and yes the bed wetters may get their wish of a new striker in January.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So far so good. We seem to be competing well at the moment, we need to maintain this and be lucky with injuries. At the start of the season I thought we had a 40% chance of staying up, now it's up to 55%.

:)

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Per Talksport phone in tonight we are getting relegated as no spent enough cash

Same programme spent ages on about how Everton may well go down - having err just spent about 150m

Team spirit and organisation are priceless!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I’m happy so far. Holding our nerve against Bournemouth and Everton and getting results against 10 man Watford and Saints would have made me VERY happy though.

So, converting those 3 points into 12 points (putting us into 3rd place) would only make you VERY happy!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Moderately happy to date but a bit concerned in some respects.
We have sadly surrendered more than a few points and specifically that we could not get past Watford (10 men for so long ), Bmuff having led and Everton.
The problem is that we have lost those points through errors and, more worryingly, through conceding unneccesary free kicks which have cost us dear and today was the most recent example !
Yes we have done great but March / April will be more season defining.
Puts on Asbestos suit !

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Newcastle, Hudders, Wet Spam, Croydon Rovers, Plucky Little, Everton, Stoke - and maybe more - there's enough there that we can finish ahead of, and we only need to finish ahead of three of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here