SHOREHAM BY SEA
What did you think of him?

I felt the cards shown to Duffy and Bong were a tad harsh
FF58CC24-E599-4B61-BF51-3E524A4879EC.jpeg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Didn't like the way he Mike Dean'ed the fouled player before issuing a yellow card as if he was looking for a reason to get out the red

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought he had a really good game. Could have gone blazing in with far more cards but didn't.

Not sure what he did wrong?

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
A poor refereeing performance, well below what we should be getting from full time professional referees. This is, after all, reputedly the wotld's top league, with world class players and it is not unreasonable to expect that the officials should be of equally high standard. Unfortunately, they are not

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
East stand lino missed the ball going out of play, which should have been a goal kick, at about 4 minutes into the game. If he'd given it they probably wouldn't have scored that goal at 6 minutes. For a while afterwards he looked really flustereo but assume he was getting abuse from fans in East stand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thought Duffy's card was because he kicked the ball away and not for an innocuous foul. Murray got booked because of the reaction from the Soton player and, from where we were, it never looked like a foul for their goal (Guardian report seems to concur with that view).

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Maybe not the ref's fault, but that ball in the 1st 10 mins looked along way over the line in front of the North Stand. Looked like the lino realised he'd made a mistake by putting his hands up shielding the sun in an extra exaggerated way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
East stand lino missed the ball going out of play, which should have been a goal kick, at about 4 minutes into the game. If he'd given it they probably wouldn't have scored that goal at 6 minutes. For a while afterwards he looked really flustereo but assume he was getting abuse from fans in East stand.

He had the sun in his eyes and was making a show of putting his hand to his eyes to shade them. There was a huge shout from both the North & East stand.

The card for Murray looked like a poor decision to me, but I haven't seen a replay.

The notification on my app said it was for arguing as was the Southampton player.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Of course I gave him plenty of abuse during the game but, like most of the refs this season, markedly better than those we've had in recent seasons. Looking back at the replay, it certainly was a foul by Stephens for their goal, kept his cards in his pocket as long as he could, Murray was a bit unfortunate but other than that no real complaints.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
He should have booked that irritable urk Boufal who seemed to spend most of the game rolling on the ground with one eye open or flailing his arms in the air trying to get players booked ,what a nauseous creep

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He also gave two corners based on the fact that he couldn't believe a Southampton's players shot went a long way wide of the goal so in his view it must have come off one of our players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here