Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Southampton (H)

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Maybe I was watching a different game but thought Stephens was very good. Gross is always involved when we score but dipped in and out a little. Had a real purple patch in the second half where he was sublime.

We need to believe we can beat teams from the off rather than waiting half an hour to realise that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What impresses me is the way we stick to the game plan, even if we ship a goal. If we do ship a goal there's no handwaving, chavvy tantrums or finger pointing for the Sky cameras (like some of our self-entitled rivals). We might not be Barcelona, but we are class.

Last edited:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thought Stephens was excellent propper poor, cheaply gave the ball away. All in all a game to forget. Take the point and move on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Poor performance. Worst since Leicester IMO. We seemed asleep for 20 mins, especially in midfield.

Difficult to rate but here goes....

6 - average

Ryan 6
Bruno 7
Bong 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 8 for the block from Gabbiadini as much as anything
Knockaert 6
Stephens 6
Propper 7
Izquierdo 6
Gross 6
Murray 6

Brown 6
March n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Ryan 6
Bruno 6
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Bong 6
Stephens 6
Propper 7
Knockaert 4 (Sorry, love him but thought he was gash today)
Izquierdo 6
Gross 7 (MOM)
Murray 6

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 6 - nothing to do except pick the ball out of his net
Bruno - 6 - not his best game
Bong - 7 - justified his selection over Suttner. Improving in the Prem
Duffy - 8 - imperious
Dunk - 8 - looked every inch as good as Van Dijk
Stephens - 7 - had a very good game, but marked down for giving away the free kick that they scored from
Propper - 7 - also very solid
Izquerdo - 7 - a real threat. Electrifying pace
Knockaert - 6 - set pieces in particular disappointing
Gros - 7 - quieter game but popped up with an assist again
Murray - 7 - marked up for a real strikers goal

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Caught in possession ONCE as I recall. Otherwise a very good game.

Twice, and the late one was calamitous and could have cost us. Stephens has plenty of critics for giving the ball away couple times a match.

My major complaint though was was him trying to be far too clever at times when it was just crying out for a simple ball. This cost us possession more than a couple times.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 6 Little to do
Bong 6 Too many mistakes
Dunk 8 Very good
Duffy 7 What a chance missed. He trains every day no excuse for not doing better
Brunno 6 Too many mistakes
Stevens 6 So poor first half
Propper 6 ok
Gross 6 Hats of to him for his assists but think he is out of game for long periods. Would def prefer Brown at home.
Knockhaert 4 Still the player i want to have ball when we are going forward. Marked down because no decent crosses and think all free kicks didnt get past first defender
Murray 6 at 34 Apart from goal poor.. Rarely able to hold ball up when hit long. Just interested in getting freekick. his only of value is in box.mostly in air. However apart from one from Gross diddnt receive any crosses.
Izquerdo 6 Just hope not a one trick player albeit a very good one. Why doesnt he ever go on outside and get cross in

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm beginning to have doubts about Izzy Brown. I realise he was only on for 9 minutes today but each time I see him he seems to give away possession far too often.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here