Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Your cheapest and most expensive beers/drinks.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cheapest beer I've had was around 9p in Vietnam, Thailand was like 90p but that's for the big bottles of Chang.

Yeah Beer Hoi in Hanoi, seems to recall around US 10c per glass but that was 20 years ago.

Meanwhile £6+ for pint of Peroni in Oxford (its just lager with branding, really nothing)

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Oh, thought of another one, I was at a wedding as best man, smart hotel in middle of nowhere - i.e captive market. Went to get a pre wedding beer, ended up buying a round of 5 becks - £30 so all my cash gone before we even started. and dont get me started about bottled beer - the mark up is ridiculous, at least a pint has to be poured, lines cleaned, cellar clean and tidy, glass washed up etc. a bottle can be bought in a supermarket in packs of 12 and all they do is take off the cap!

After the wedding and reception we retired to the bar for nightcaps putting the drinks flippantly on my room. When I settled the room bill I thought I had somehow purchased the distillery in a drunken bet....

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Oh and another one, went to Turkey a few years ago with another couple. At the end of the holiday we went to settle up the bill and saw to our horror the cheeky buggers had put loads of drinks onto our bill thinking we wouldnt notice. On the bill was 10 double baileys and we went mad. The reception were very polite and said that ther bar manager would be starting his shift in an hour and so we could speak to him directly. We were fuming and waited in reception with our luggage for this thief to start his day. As he came in he was sent over where he met us warmly and as the accusations started he reminded us of double double night Wednesday when the girls went to get changed and we hit the bar. Slowly it started coming back to us and rather sheepishly we remembered that we had in fact enjoyed several pints of Baileys but it was a bit hazy. (obviously)

We settled in full with a massive tip and had massive rows with our respective other halves.

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
West Ham, £5 for a pint of piss!
24 hours later in Pardubice (Czech) 27 crowns (98p) for a large Kozel !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here