Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Landed yesterday ... expected to be a bit buggered by the time change but woke up an hour ago like a kid on Christmas morning. Wish I could bottle The Amex as a jet lag cure.

Looking forward to a titanic struggle of centre halves settled by one of our pacey princes doing a full back, cutting inside and smacking a career defining thunderbolt in off the underside of the bar.

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Landed yesterday ... expected to be a bit buggered by the time change but woke up an hour ago like a kid on Christmas morning. Wish I could bottle The Amex as a jet lag cure.

Looking forward to a titanic struggle of centre halves settled by one of our pacey princes doing a full back, cutting inside and smacking a career defining thunderbolt in off the underside of the bar.

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

Try landing on the morning of a match, I've done it. 7 am at Gatwick when your head says it's still 1 am. Home, change, off to a match. KO 3 pm but 9 am in your head and you haven't slept for 30 hours.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't see why the bookies make Southampton favourites to win, this will be a 0-0 DRAW. Absolute certainty and NO after timing here

Seems very strange given our home form that they are favourites.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Try landing on the morning of a match, I've done it. 7 am at Gatwick when your head says it's still 1 am. Home, change, off to a match. KO 3 pm but 9 am in your head and you haven't slept for 30 hours.

Yep, done that. Friday night (midnight local time) flight from Hong Kong, Heathrow at 5am, home, change, lunch time KO. Grim !

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Can't see why the bookies make Southampton favourites to win, this will be a 0-0 DRAW. Absolute certainty and NO after timing here

Yes, books are certainly not taking us seriously. The machine has us at 5/2 which will do me nicely. 5/1 to win to nil too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Obvious, isn't it? They'll sill be thinking along the lines of, Southampton are an established PL side, packed with star players, and Brighton, aren't they still in The Championship? That's fine, don't mind being the underdogs, or under the radar, just as long as no barsteward calls us 'plucky little'.................

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, books are certainly not taking us seriously. The machine has us at 5/2 which will do me nicely. 5/1 to win to nil too.

Unless you've worked your commission to low levels, you'd be better off taking us on at the 3.4 available with a fair few bookies.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: "In a League One clash in November 2010, Southampton and Brighton fought out a goalless draw at St Mary's.

"In his post-match TV interview the then-Southampton boss Nigel Adkins was asked if he thought the two clubs would be competing for the title. His response was: 'If they can keep pace with us, maybe.'

"Brighton were well and truly riled, and what had been a relatively low-key south coast rivalry has had an added edge ever since.

"Brighton went on to win the title that season, with Southampton promoted as runners-up. The following year there were three red cards in their two Championship meetings.

"They have not played each other competitively since - but they have also not forgotten."
The most ridiculous thing about Adkins' comment (not mentioned here) is the fact we were a full EIGHT points above them at the time. :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's nothing impressive about Southampton's away results thus far:

Huddersfield 0 - 0 Southampton
Crystal Palace 0 - 1 Southampton
Stoke 2 - 1 Southampton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3 points after 10 games, equates to 11-12 points come the end of the season.
Come on, be fair, they have 4 points after 10 games, so could get as many as 15 by the end of the season.

That is what you meant right :whistle:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Dunk and Duffy both score.
"Giant Gulls Dominate South Coast"

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Results pretty much went our way yesterday. A win today would be a real statement of intent..... C'mon!

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Unless you've worked your commission to low levels, you'd be better off taking us on at the 3.4 available with a fair few bookies.

Indeed. Brighton win/draw is available @ 2.2 which is great value considering Southampton's away form and our home form. I feel a little dabble is in order :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here