Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure that I agree with the BBC headline "Murray rescues point for Brighton against Saints" That would suggest that we were lucky to get the draw. Certainly not how I saw it

Nor me. Southampton only had one shot on target. If any team was going to win, it was Brighton.

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
Yes, I agree, BBC headline was very misleading, Even the Sky reporter said twice that Brighton were the only team likely to score in the second half.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Need two goals to win a game in the Premier League. One is often good enough in the Championship.

Technically high game where keeping the ball and passing accurately counted more than the pressing game. Welcome for me rather than two teams tearing into each other and running around like blue-arsed flies. Less drama though. Southampton can do this when leading.

Typical pussy footing first half from Brighton. I thought we edged the game overall slightly (by half a goal), with Duffy heading over as is more often than not.

Puzzling substitutions from Brighton. Total waste of time.

Brighton two points adrift of a safety target of 37 points (might need 40). .

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Had to go out so couldn't see the game, relatives visiting from UK, having read this it looks like we did our warm up in the first 15 mins as we always seem to do these days.
Why we can't start with a bang like others do, sussing the opposition out I suppose.
We look to be very much a 2nd half team and often the 1st half is written off.
I will watch the game later when I get home from work today.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
What a poor team to watch, do they always play like that? Reminded me of a shit championship side who come to the Amex, park the bus and play for a draw. At times they looked like one of those old mans walking football teams. I'd feel sorry for their fans, except the ones I encountered were all *****.
They deserved nothing from yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here