Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Southampton

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't want to risk going into the game without such a thread, even if it is mostly an easy pick...

Ryan

Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Pröpper
Stephens
Izquierdo

Groß

Murray

Subs : Krul, Suttner, Hunemeier, Kayal, March, Brown, Hemed

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be more than happy for CH to pick Hemed, but not happy enough to make a 'thing' about it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
You would think same as West Ham.
However CH thus far has used Suttner in all the home games so maybe a change there.
March also unlucky to lose his place v West Ham.
Potentially some decent options off the bench as well with Kayal & Hemed Likley to feature.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
You would think same as West Ham.
However CH thus far has used Suttner in all the home games so maybe a change there.
March also unlucky to lose his place v West Ham.
Potentially some decent options off the bench as well with Kayal & Hemed Likley to feature.
yes happy with same as West Ham ... competition to sit on the bench increasing ... cant have Kayal Baldock Brown March and Tomer

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Would be very surprised to see any changes from West Ham.
Whereas I would be surprised to see the smart team. Suttner and March didn't get dropped, the tactics were changed, so unless he feels Southampton at home offer the same threat as West Ham away, I think either or both of those left sided places could swap back...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'd use the same team which hammered West Ham except I'd bring March back in for Izquierdo.

Izquierdo word be more useful if we're being pressed, so IMO, he would be more effective away from home against stronger teams than ourselves.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A routine PL match. We need to just keep doing what we do, be difficult to break down then nick a goal. Their goalie has a weakness with diving at the moment, “stiff as a board and goes down in instalments” so I’d certainly encourage early shots into the bottom corners. They’ll also be forced into a bit of a reshuffle following the injury to their key midfielder Lemina so it could a good time to play Southampton.

Anyway here’s my guess for what it’s worth:

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Knockaert-Stephens-Propper-March
Groß
Murray​

Subs: Krul, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Kayal, Izquierdo, Brown, Hemed

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
A routine PL match. We need to just keep doing what we do, be difficult to break down then nick a goal. Their goalie has a weakness with diving at the moment, “stiff as a board and goes down in instalments” so I’d certainly encourage early shots into the bottom corners. They’ll also be forced into a bit of a reshuffle following the injury to their key midfielder Lemina so it could a good time to play Southampton.

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Groß
Murray​

This. Our home lineup, for what it's worth

Stumpy Tim

For me Izquierdo provides a more direct and rapid threat that Solly. Solly's time will come, but Izquierdo is now up to speed and suits our game plan better than Solly in my opinion.

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Knockaert-Stephens-Propper-Izquierdo
Groß
Murray​

Subs: Krul, Schelotto, Hunemeier, Kayal, March, Brown, Hemed

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Groß
Hemed (personal opinion)

Krul, Suttner, BFG, Kayal, Schelotto, Izquierdo, Murray

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Only questions are does CH revert to his home line up, replacing Bong and Jose with Suttner and March; and does Hemed come back in?

Bong played well, but Suttner is more offensive. Solly has a better all round game at the moment than Jose. So I'd go Suttner/March with Jose conning on if we need to press Saints back later on.

Can't drop Murray after an away brace.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Ryan
Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner
Groß
Murray​

I hope for this too (while swapping Schelotto for Rosenior on the bench) and, all of a sudden, it looks like we've got options on the bench. Baldock not too far away too. I also agree about Lemina, who looks like one of the best new additions to the PL this season; he's similar in style to Kayal in his pomp, especially in terms of the speed and bite of his tackles, although Lemina is better on the ball.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that he sticks with GM as I believe that he offers more all round in his play than TH. Stuttner/ Bong and Izerquierdo/March there is an argument for each and every one just hope CH gets it right.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I hope that he sticks with GM as I believe that he offers more all round in his play than TH. Stuttner/ Bong and Izerquierdo/March there is an argument for each and every one just hope CH gets it right.

Not being awkward, but I think that TH is more mobile than GM although not as good a finisher. Hemed/Murray, Stuttner/ Bong and Izerquierdo/March are great options for CH to have with more to come :albion2:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here