Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Tim Vine

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I dont personally find him at all funny an with very poor jokes but each to their own. In the past many found Roy Chubby Brown funny but I didnt.

Tim Vine is a comedian whose routine is mainly infantile but innocent puns, family friendly and innocous. With decades of comedians to choose from, you liken him to... a man who was the most obvious example of sexist, racist, homophobic, adult, boundary pushing stand up. What an odd choice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tim Vine is a comedian whose routine is mainly infantile but innocent puns, family friendly and innocous. With decades of comedians to choose from, you liken him to... a man who was the most obvious example of sexist, racist, homophobic, adult, boundary pushing stand up. What an odd choice.

It was just a comparison of peoples likes and dislikes not the individual styles of the comedians.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I saw this advert in a window that said: ‘Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.’ I thought, ‘I can’t turn that down.

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife said, ‘How many potatoes would you like, Tim?’. I said ‘Ooh, I’ll just have one please.’ She said ‘It’s OK, you don’t have to be polite.’ ‘Alright,’ I said, ‘I’ll just have one then, you stupid cow.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I saw this advert in a window that said: ‘Television for sale, £1, volume stuck on full.’ I thought, ‘I can’t turn that down.

I was having dinner with my boss and his wife said, ‘How many potatoes would you like, Tim?’. I said ‘Ooh, I’ll just have one please.’ She said ‘It’s OK, you don’t have to be polite.’ ‘Alright,’ I said, ‘I’ll just have one then, you stupid cow.

do you consider either of those to be remotely funny?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

The remotely is broken.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find them harmlessly funny clearly demonstrating the ambiguities of the English language, yes BG. I take it you don't then?
This may well be the stumbling block.

Yes. In the same way that I find Milton Jones' humour funny ie " ....you know that film "Minions" - I sent someone to watch it for me the other day"

#12 above nails it for me.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
He'll be in Brighton on Tuesday evening. As part of the cinecity festival, Dukes at the Komedia are showing the film he has written and directed called 'FearMoth', and he will be doing a Q&A after the film.

Here's the blurb from the cinema's website:

“A giant moth is attacking this village and I’m the manager of the lightbulb shop” exclaims Paul Kingswood (Tim Vine) in this ridiculous film. What on earth has attracted a giant moth to the village of Hazelpocket in the first place? The council headed by Mayor Blueberry battle to find a solution. Meanwhile Paul continues to look for ways to rid himself of his chronic fear of the dark, brought on by an incident involving his son Ellery and a department store lift. As the moth sightings begin to increase so does the tension in the village. And just what does strange moth expert Kooharoo know that nobody else does? Comedian Tim Vine is also writer and director of the ensuing mayhem. This is the first time a Tim Vine film has been shown at a film festival. Fearmoth also boasts CGI-free action sequences. Moth suspension wires are visible.

Followed by Q&A with Tim Vine hosted by the writer and actor Graham Duff.​

I think it sounds wonderfully bonkers.

Thanks for that. I'll be there.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Jim Davison and Jimmy Jones but the latter never swore just insinuations Kin Hell .

He most certainly did. Kinell was a catchphrase of sorts but he most certainly swore including using the word he was replacing frequently as well.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
What did you think?

To be perfectly honest, I thought it was dreadful. To me it wasn't remotely funny and thank god it wasn't horrifying. I smiled a couple of times while it was showing and must have dozed off a bit. He strikes me as being quite a nice bloke and his presence enhanced the evening, but at 1 hour and 20 minutes, I found the film about as entertaining as watching Poyet's Albion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
To be perfectly honest, I thought it was dreadful. To me it wasn't remotely funny and thank god it wasn't horrifying. I smiled a couple of times while it was showing and must have dozed off a bit. He strikes me as being quite a nice bloke and his presence enhanced the evening, but at 1 hour and 20 minutes, I found the film about as entertaining as watching Poyet's Albion.

Ah, shame. I thought it had a certain charm, especially when put into the context of it being a film he made just for the fun of making a film, rather than being one he intended to release. I know I've done that with friends and I neer managed anything to that standard (but then, I don't have his budget). I have also seen some pretty bad films in my time, so my tolerance for poor quality films is quite high.

I liked lot of the little jokes, the ringtones, shining the light over the kids eyepatch and asking if he can see it, the empty dinner plates, the hidden crevasse, etc.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He'll be in Brighton on Tuesday evening. As part of the cinecity festival, Dukes at the Komedia are showing the film he has written and directed called 'FearMoth', and he will be doing a Q&A after the film.

Here's the blurb from the cinema's website:

“A giant moth is attacking this village and I’m the manager of the lightbulb shop” exclaims Paul Kingswood (Tim Vine) in this ridiculous film. What on earth has attracted a giant moth to the village of Hazelpocket in the first place? The council headed by Mayor Blueberry battle to find a solution. Meanwhile Paul continues to look for ways to rid himself of his chronic fear of the dark, brought on by an incident involving his son Ellery and a department store lift. As the moth sightings begin to increase so does the tension in the village. And just what does strange moth expert Kooharoo know that nobody else does? Comedian Tim Vine is also writer and director of the ensuing mayhem. This is the first time a Tim Vine film has been shown at a film festival. Fearmoth also boasts CGI-free action sequences. Moth suspension wires are visible.

Followed by Q&A with Tim Vine hosted by the writer and actor Graham Duff.​

I think it sounds wonderfully bonkers.

If anyone is interested, this film is now on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/ojtL9DIWOh8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here