Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you enjoying this season?

How much are you enjoying this season?

• More than I expected

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • As much as I expected

Votes: 52 23.1%
  • Less than I expected

Votes: 11 4.9%

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Loving it except for the shitty times

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We are doing better than I expected us to and already have 4 more points than I think we need in order to get to the magic 40

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
It's much better than I thought because we aren't getting smashed every week.

This absolutely.

While the past few seasons have been a blast I didn't have very high expectations for this season, my only hope was that if we did end up going straight back down we didn't 'do a Derby' and embarrass ourselves. Thankfully though its been the opposite and we've given a good account of ourselves at every game I've seen which we'll hopefully be able to carry onto the end of the season.

theboybilly

At home it's fabulous but away not so much. Taking the rose-tinted glasses off Arsenal wasn't much to shout about and yet that would be a glamour fixture. The Albion are doing their bit but I still prefer away trips in the Championship (so far)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Quite agree and not looking forward to the next break either !!
But never thought I would see Man City play us in the top league again in my lifetime , so I’m loving every minute of it

And me, I can't believe City have managed to avoid relegation as long as they have:amex:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Across the Summer I did fear, after the almost perpetual highs of last season and the slightly lame finish, that this season might be a bit of a slog as we struggle to keep our heads above water and that this season would not be much fun.

Clearly this was going to be a seminal season come what may, but I didn't expect it to be "fun".

But this side - this squad - have carried on playing with flair, teamwork, determination and often a lack of fear. It really has been enjoyable and I'm wishing away the time between games.

I can't be the only one who is enjoying this season more than they expected to, can I?

Enjoyment levels are definitely up for me, was expecting a slog and lots of defeats.

Last Season was quite nervy as we were expected to win all the time. The expectation levels are down, making the goals, points and wins all the more exciting!

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Loving it.

Loving the fact that a quarter of the way into the season, we have at lease a quarter of the points we need.

Loving that we haven't been embarrassed.

Loving that the atmosphere at the Amex is tremendous.

Not so much liking Sunday lunchtime kick offs or that there seems to be no Guinness anymore.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
7 people less...:shrug:

What were you expecting!?

Much more competitive than I thought we might be. We've been in every game to some degree, and consider ourselves unlucky (our own undoing too) not to have more points from Watford, Bournemouth and Everton games. Cannot wait for tomorrow.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
About the same as last year, which is about what I expected. I'm actually enjoying the lack of expectation. Going into games expecting to get beat seems less stressful.

ditto.jpg

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At home it's fabulous but away not so much. Taking the rose-tinted glasses off Arsenal wasn't much to shout about and yet that would be a glamour fixture. The Albion are doing their bit but I still prefer away trips in the Championship (so far)

Really enjoyed the day out at Arsenal though, atmosphere was great I thought, as it was at Watford which I really enjoyed. Couldn't make West Ham or the first two. Premier League aways were always going to be a lot harder than Championship aways, yeah getting tickets is much more of a lottery but that is leading to a better away end atmosphere I feel as people are feeling a lot more grateful to be there.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Each individual game seems like a big event on its own,, can't see ever getting bored with it even stuck mid table for ever !!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It's much better than I thought because we aren't getting smashed every week.

I never thought I would lose as much interest in the other divisions as I have.

Oh, please don't fall into the trap of thinking that the PL is the only thing in football worth bothering about. Sure, concentrate on the division we are in and study those teams but never, ever forget where we have come from and where ( hopefully not ) we may return to. The PL is all about elitism and arrogance. Fans are disrespectful and boorish to any team outside the perceived status quo. The attitude gap is widening and it needs all of us to keep our feet on the ground and pay heed to the whole football pyramid. By all means enjoy our current status but keep showing an interest in the football family. It matters.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'm loving it.
And Croydon are proving it's a tough league

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Loving the games but in between, and there’s quite a lot, is a bit meh wondering about the technicalities of how we’ll stay up.
Watched a bit of Man u spurs earlier and even though we’re in the same league officially still felt like they play in a separate competition.

Palace are a class above right now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Loving the games but in between, and there’s quite a lot, is a bit meh wondering about the technicalities of how we’ll stay up.
Watched a bit of Man u spurs earlier and even though we’re in the same league officially still felt like they play in a separate competition.

Palace are a class above right now though.

Really? I watched it and I'm increasingly feeling less intimidated by these so called big teams. If we can drop our inferiority complex, can see some scalps coming!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here