Votes: 42 68.9%
  • Staying the same

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be very surprised if no rate rise given inflation going upwards.

A big shock to quite a few if they do as many think current interest rate is normal of which it is definitely not.

Some of us mortgage veterans remember Lamont sang in the bath the night he put up interest rates to 15% !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

A big shock to quite a few if they do as many think current interest rate is normal of which it is definitely not.

Some of us mortgage veterans remember Lamont sang in the bath the night he put up interest rates to 15% !

Still have nightmares - not the 15%, Lamont in the bath !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Up slightly and immediately high street borrowing rates up but a lag on saving rates

For sure they will take ages to adjust savings rate

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

I remember those days too. Late 1980s/early 90s.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Ah 3% in one day if I remember correctly...all to do with the exchange rate mechanism and the link to the old Deutsche Mark

D

Deleted member 22389

Being a saver was great.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Call me cynical, but will the savings rates actually be put up at all? And if they are, will it be by the full amount?

That is purely down to the banks. Suspect it will be a long time before there are any really good interest rates to tempt savers.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think they might keep it the same this time but with another heavy warning about rising. Then the next time rise a quarter. I can see then at least another rise in early next year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One they start increasing they will never stop. There must be some house owners who have never experienced the panic of rising interest rates. Will be interesting to see the fall out if they start shifting upwards.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Giraffe;8180379[B said:
]Once they start increasing they will never stop[/B]. There must be some house owners who have never experienced the panic of rising interest rates. Will be interesting to see the fall out if they start shifting upwards.

Questionable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here