Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dirty Leeds v The Blades

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Wilder is a sound bloke and is proving to be a very good manager. United have developed a similar togetherness as us. No big names or MASSIVE transfer fees or wages. Just bloody hard work, good tactics and honesty.

As we've seen that can take you a long way.

It's pretty amusing living in Sheffield at the moment. The entitleds are far from happy, and with how we're doing so far I am able to feel extremely SMUG.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I love that chant. About the only downside of not playing them is missing out on the opportunity of singing it.

I first learnt that on an England away game in the early 80s from a Reading fan no less.

We were on the ferry and I started singing "We all hate Leeds" and he stopped and said can I just correct you it is "We all ****ing hate Leeds"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's pretty amusing living in Sheffield at the moment. The entitleds are far from happy
So the Owls are the entitleds, right? Are Utd much different? (I don't know much about Sheffield)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So the Owls are the entitleds, right? Are Utd much different? (I don't know much about Sheffield)
Massively different yes. United are used to being shit and also the "smaller" club in Sheffield in attitude.

They have much more of an underdog mentality in general as opposed to a lot of Wednesday [emoji23] fans really believing that they have some sort of right to be in the top division.

It's a generalisation obviously but I've been here 25 years and it's definitely the overall feeling that you get. Having said that I know decent fans of both clubs. I've just never met an "entitled" United fan.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
ter
We were on the ferry and I started singing "We all hate Leeds" and he stopped and said can I just correct you it is "We all ****ing hate Leeds"

surely both lines make up the song, with the extended line saved for the climax (to the Dambuster's March tune).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wilder is a sound bloke and is proving to be a very good manager. United have developed a similar togetherness as us. No big names or MASSIVE transfer fees or wages. Just bloody hard work, good tactics and honesty.

As we've seen that can take you a long way.

It's pretty amusing living in Sheffield at the moment. The entitleds are far from happy, and with how we're doing so far I am able to feel extremely SMUG.

I've got inlaws in both camps.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
You know every time we walk out of Elland Road after another away win, we expect all the knuckle dragging homophobic abuse from Leeds Dads with their poor kids being dragged along behind them, embarrassed ?

I wonder what abuse these dickheads were giving their fellow Yarksher fans last night?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Massively different yes. United are used to being shit and also the "smaller" club in Sheffield in attitude.

They have much more of an underdog mentality in general as opposed to a lot of Wednesday [emoji23] fans really believing that they have some sort of right to be in the top division.

It's a generalisation obviously but I've been here 25 years and it's definitely the overall feeling that you get. Having said that I know decent fans of both clubs. I've just never met an "entitled" United fan.

With your inside knowledge, did the Wednesday fans display that entitlement during the wilderness years 2000 to 2014, before Chansiri started blowing endless £10m's trying to buy promotion?

I can't remember even a squeak from their fans. The Chansiri takeover appears to have led to an arrogance, not matched on the pitch.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
With your inside knowledge, did the Wednesday fans display that entitlement during the wilderness years 2000 to 2014, before Chansiri started blowing endless £10m's trying to buy promotion?

I can't remember even a squeak from their fans. The Chansiri takeover appears to have led to an arrogance, not matched on the pitch.

Arrogance or not it seems that, almost entirely, the fans want him ( CC ) OUT !

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

That's correct. As soon as he took over many of them were giving it large about his "five year plan" and how they were going to get promoted.

I did try to explain that it wasn't that simple in the Championship, especially with FFP restrictions but none of them seemed to understand FFP. Until now.

Having said that, even when they were in L1 they were mainly of the opinion that it was a false position and that they would be pushing to get back in the top division before long. It's Sheffield Wednesday [emoji23] a MASSIVE club after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here