Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stabbed Brighton woman 'Albion fan and Samaritan'

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Words fail me.

A woman who was found stabbed to death in her home in Brighton has been named as 46-year-old Jillian Howell.
Ms Howell was found with multiple stab wounds in Sandgate Road on Thursday.
A Seaford man, 51, was arrested on suspicion of murder and is in custody. Police said the suspect and Ms Howell knew each other.
Paying tribute to her, her family said she was a passionate Brighton and Hove Albion fan and had volunteered as a Samaritan.
In a statement issued through Sussex Police, the family said: "Jill was a kind, gentle and loving sister, aunty and friend. We are shocked and heartbroken by her loss.
"She touched many lives in her volunteer work with the Samaritans and was always helping others.
"She loved to travel and was a passionate Albion fan and season ticket holder.
"She lived life to the fullest and was dearly loved by her friends and family."
'Warm and compassionate'
Alison Pratt, Director of the Brighton, Hove & District branch of the Samaritans, said Ms Howell had been a volunteer with the charity for 10 years and was dedicated to giving her time to helping others.
She said: "As well as supporting people in distress, she played a vital role in recruiting and training new volunteers.
"I will remember her as a warm, compassionate and committed member of the team. She will be very sadly missed."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-41782217

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hopefully the club have seen this and will do something to honour her, after speaking to her family.

(Corrected.)

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
God bless her. Very sad what's happened. As messed up as her death sounds, we should be thankful this world is gifted with people like her who make a huge helping difference to so many lives.

RIP.

D

Deleted member 2719

Sad news RIP, condolences go out to her friends and family.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think I remember her from away matches, if I'm right she always wore Albion and was always smiling.

Horrific tragedy, may she rest in peace

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
From Twitter

DNX0bIsWsAA_ICQ.jpg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The argus article states that there was a minutes applause in the 46th minute. Am I mistaken or did that not happen?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Somewhat disturbing to see the photo of the suspect used in the media was evidently taken at the Amex too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Somewhat disturbing to see the photo of the suspect used in the media was evidently taken at the Amex too.

The suspect was a friend of good friends of mine when I was in my late teens early twenties. Subsequently, I spent a lot of time in pubs and playing football with him. I feel terrible about what has happened.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-43260372

A man has admitted killing his boss, but denied her murder.
Jillian Howell, 46, was found with multiple stab wounds at her home in Sandgate Road, Brighton last October.
David Browning, 51, of Willow Drive, Seaford, East Sussex, admitted manslaughter by diminished responsibility
at Lewes Crown Court. A trial was set for 23 April.
Ms Howell had been his boss in the payroll department at the University of Brighton.
Mr Browning is also charged with possession of a bladed article, but has not yet been asked to enter a plea on that count.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very sad news . She lived in the same street in Fiveways as my two lads and back in the Withdean days when fellow Brighton fans used to give each other little nods of acknowledgement on match days, we often saw her and always with a friendly word and a smile.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here