Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno 200

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What Stoke fans said when we signed him (they'd played Valencia in the Europa League the season before:

1: "Pretty much every club in between 6th place in the Premier League and 24th in the Championship has missed out on a massive trick there. Bloody hell fire."

2: "Holy mother****ing shit.

Fuuuuck.

I would say his performance against us at the Brit was the single best performance from any player there last season.

Holy ****ing shit."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Catlin, Ramsey, Paul Clark all decent right backs from memory when last in the top flight. Bruno has to be as good if not better.

Difficult to compare different eras - football was a different world 30 odd years ago - but I still think that Don Shanks was the best RB I've ever seen in a Brighton shirt, though he seems to be forgotten more often than not by many Brighton supporters from that era. It was as if you could draw an imaginary line from the right hand goalpost to where the half way line met the touch line, marking off a large triangle; if the ball went in there, it was Shanks's ball, end of, no argument - whoever else might have wanted it, they wouldn't get anywhere near getting it.
And that's saying nothing against Bruno, who is obviously great!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Simple - just need a banner- ‘La ducentésimo’

Someone make it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
attachment.php

LOVE this

Yeah. Fvck off Ronnie.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I remember seeing his unofficial debut for us in a friendly at the Amex against Reading (Kuipers testimonial I believe). Even though I was absolutely TROLLIED in the 1901 that night, I can still recall thinking that he looked like a total FLAIRNIAC with his buccaneering overlap raids down the wing. Loved him from the first time I saw him.

He's been immense for us. I just wish he was 5 years younger.

Wasn’t his first unofficial game Maidstone away, when we opened their ground.....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I remember reading a Stoke City message board when we first got him, they must have recently played against his Spanish team. They were amazed that he’d come to us as he was the best player on the pitch and wanted him themselves.

Unlucky Stoke!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Wasn’t his first unofficial game Maidstone away, when we opened their ground.....

Think that's right. First glimpse I caught was our next pre-season game at Lewes. Think he came on in the second half, and seemed intent on coming up with the most ingenious way of going past his opposing full-back. The flair and ability was pretty evident straight away.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I forgo pre-match pints and pies just to watch Bruno warm up. He is technically gifted......his first touch is obscenely good. He’s a fantastic captain, great spokesman and wonderful clubman. I think he bleeds blue and white.

WTF does someone have to be like to be ‘one of the greats’ if he’s not one of them ???

I recall a quote from (I think) a Reading forum.....’their ISIS right back worries me - he’s a ****ing menace’.

Oct 23, 2017
Lancing
One of my favourites comments about our Evergreen Captain from another clubs forum (I can't remember which one) described him as "the one with his head on upside down".

The man can do little wrong in my eyes. I love the way he often fakes heading the ball, and has anyone else noticed he is forever pulling his socks up at every available opportunity. Who knows, the socks and beard could be the source of all his power, but long may he continue to serve our club.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Catlin, Ramsey, Paul Clark all decent right backs from memory when last in the top flight. Bruno has to be as good if not better.

Cattlin played right back in the promotion season but was replaced by John Gregory after promotion. Gary Stevens played some games there too and Ramsey came in at the end of the second season. Mike Bailey didn't like Ramsey and replaced him with Don Shanks, but Jimmy Melia brought him back. Paul Clark was a defensive midfield player.

Gregory, Stevens, Shanks were all pretty damned good. Whether they could have played at Bruno's level at his age I doubt.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Much revering Bruno the legend, yet not placing him among my 'greats' I have dinner with a friend who tells me (he's not a BHA fan) that Bruno will struggle at this level.

I find myself defending him as an outstanding and remarkably fit player for his age....

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My son has a load of programs with the fold out posters. The only one he has on his wall (above the foot of his bed actually) is Bruno.

It's been there for over a year and it's not shifting. He loves him, as do I.

And yes, he's definitely a Brighton legend.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was amazing in 2 games against Stoke and then he turned up at little old us instead of a team in the top half of the PL...... was utterly gobsmacked at the time and didn't know how it was possible.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Much revering Bruno the legend, yet not placing him among my 'greats' I have dinner with a friend who tells me (he's not a BHA fan) that Bruno will struggle at this level.

I find myself defending him as an outstanding and remarkably fit player for his age....

Does your friend actually know anything about football? Perhaps he's a Palace fan?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Well your hard to please, 100% one of our greats. Your mate needs a re think GN was praising him highly last Friday night words of Bruno is class.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well your hard to please, 100% one of our greats. Your mate needs a re think GN was praising him highly last Friday night words of Bruno is class.

Agree totally. Have we had a better RB? I'm struggling to think of one, John Gregory was pretty good but hardly a great...

He is struggling and if we stay up I think it's the end of his time here but what a great signing he has been...

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Where would you old timers (I’m a 2003 JLC and proud) say he stands compared to other Albion greats?

I’ve not seen a better right back in the stripes since my first match in ‘79.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here