Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bakery shops

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We both like fresh baked bread but it seems that many bakers are closing and it is only the supermarket bakerys that still do it.

Where can we biuy a loaf from a bakers within reasonable distance of Haywards Heath.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Buy a bread maker, not only wonderful smells whilst baking but fresh bread and not full of additives etc, maybe an xmas gift idea for Mrs BG

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Buy a bread maker, not only wonderful smells whilst baking but fresh bread and not full of additives etc, maybe an xmas gift idea for Mrs BG

This is a great suggestion. Very easy to use and clean with superb results usually.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ditchling Road BG.......on the way to The Amex

2016.03-Fiveways-Ravens-Bakery-Hot-Cross-Buns-Queue_DSC6595-800w.jpg

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

View attachment 90577

Ah yes. Wonderful establishment. Lived in the house opposite in Sandgate road for a few years and waking up hungover to the sound and smell of Mr Raven getting the bread on at 4am was heavenly.

There are people WAITING to go into that one.

BG will only be interested if there's a way to jump the queue.

[emoji1319][emoji1319]

Nope, the Omsung Phine is the best there is

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I swear he sounds more and more like
ebc43cf514b21c9fe295de46827324e4.jpg
every day.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Near HH?
Village Bakery, Newick.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
image.jpeg
Easy recipes to do it yourself online, including bbcgoodfood.com

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

View attachment 90577

Is that place meant to be good? I've heard others 'rave' about it, but my recent experiences of that place is that it's pretty, well, crap. A poor selection of dry and crusty breads. The lady working there didn't even know what sourdough bread was! Maybe it's just gone downhill recently. :shrug:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Is that place meant to be good? I've heard others 'rave' about it, but my recent experiences of that place is that it's pretty, well, crap. A poor selection of dry and crusty breads. The lady working there didn't even know what sourdough bread was! Maybe it's just gone downhill recently. :shrug:

I find it hit and miss. I really like their chelsea buns but sometimes they are so over cooked that the raisins go like bullets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here