Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is our total wage bill?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT ,CHARACTER BUILDING !
regards
DR

I'd hate to be stuck in the past, like you.

I'm currently watching the best Albion team I have ever seen in my lifetime, playing in a first class stadium, at the very top level of english football for the first time in over 30 years, holding their own against the best teams and players in the country.

Whereas you would rather be standing on a crumbling terrace in the honking rain amongst 5,000 hardy souls, watching us scuffling around in an obscure lower league tussle while somebody pisses down the back of your leg. But you'll tell yourself what a great experience it all is, because you only paid a fiver to get in, and you earn more than our leftback.

Each to their own I suppose. There's some aspects of the old days that I miss too, but there's a hell of a lot more that I don't. And on balance, I'll take BHA 2017 thanks very much.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
somebody pisses down the back of your leg. But you'll tell yourself what a great experience it all is.
"Streams of piss roll down your leg, but still you say "it's fun"... "

ROTR seems slow to find out life isn't like that.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Just bide your time mate. All things must pass. At the slightest whiff of a downturn in the club's fortunes, the ST waiting list will evaporate overnight, the queues for every damn thing will once again become reasonable and the club will be once more openly courting the core support, both current and past. Which probably numbers no more than 50% of the current ST base, and that's being generous.

There was a strong whiff of a downturn quite recently, 2014/15 was it? We lost about 1400 ST holders.

Even if we were relegated back then I doubt there would have been many more dropping out, at least in a first season down there. I would expect us to retain 70-80% of our ST base as Norwich did if we decide to visit L1 again.

Sooner or later you will have to face up to the fact that those who only went to Withdean c10 times or less a season may not be such bad fans after all, and that we have a growing generation of fans to come.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
who in their right mind WANTS TO PAY OVER INFLATED PRICES it's been noted the PL's awash with money to the extent the clubs don't really need gate revenue but still want to FLEECE their support , what's not to like about that :rolleyes:
regards
DR

I totally disagree.

World class players such as Hennessey, Van Aanholt and Puncheon, are millionaires and deservedly so.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There was a strong whiff of a downturn quite recently, 2014/15 was it? We lost about 1400 ST holders.

Even if we were relegated back then I doubt there would have been many more dropping out, at least in a first season down there. I would expect us to retain 70-80% of our ST base as Norwich did if we decide to visit L1 again.

Sooner or later you will have to face up to the fact that those who only went to Withdean c10 times or less a season may not be such bad fans after all, and that we have a growing generation of fans to come.

It was about 3,500 down over two seasons (including some 1901 who gave up when they first could). It was the boring OG and SH football that did it, plus the squad's stars were replaced with inferior recruits under Burke.

Then CH, and some TB spending, transformed everything.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Like everything in life there are things I can control, and things I cannot. I tend not to spend too much time worrying about the things I cannot control. You don't have to like it, but the situation today in the modern game is the one we are currently stuck in.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So you already have half an idea of the answer.

I'm calling SHENANIGANS!!

Fake thread!!!

Donald.JPG

:lolol: #fakethread

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's throughout sport, though, isn't it. If you have the talent to be a top twenty tennis player, golfer, or F1 driver, you will earn far more than any of our players over your career, and the prices charged to ordinary spectators will be out of reach to some.

It's just a by product of 24 hour all seeing, obsessive television coverage.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It was about 3,500 down over two seasons (including some 1901 who gave up when they first could). It was the boring OG and SH football that did it, plus the squad's stars were replaced with inferior recruits under Burke.

Then CH, and some TB spending, transformed everything.

TB was spending quite a bit before he upped the wage bill in 2015/16 (from £20m - £27m) but yes.
TBHH overall point that our attendances would fall off a cliff if we were relegated as there are relatively few loyal fans is hard to prove as since the move to the Amex we've had years of relative success but finishing 18th in the table was a good experiment to find out and it didn't dent things attendance wise much at all.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
21,000 General ST at £500 - £10.5m
3,000 hospitality at £1500 - £4.5m
14 boxes at £25,000 - £350,000
3,000 aways at £40 x 19 - £2.28m
3,000 general sale £40 x 19 - £2.28m

Only around £20m in tickets so hopefully not too much more than this

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
21,000 General ST at £500 - £10.5m
3,000 hospitality at £1500 - £4.5m
14 boxes at £25,000 - £350,000
3,000 aways at £40 x 19 - £2.28m
3,000 general sale £40 x 19 - £2.28m

Only around £20m in tickets so hopefully not too much more than this
The VAT man will have taken 20% of the above ticket revenue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TB was spending quite a bit before he upped the wage bill in 2015/16 (from £20m - £27m) but yes.
TBHH overall point that our attendances would fall off a cliff if we were relegated as there are relatively few loyal fans is hard to prove as since the move to the Amex we've had years of relative success but finishing 18th in the table was a good experiment to find out and it didn't dent things attendance wise much at all.

Agreed.

The mainly tedious football, play off heartbreaks and reduced squad quality, only resulted in a dip of say 15% in s/t sales over 2 seasons.

The doom mongers who reckoned that gates would struggle to reach 14,000 in such circumstances, were smashed into the long grass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here