Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Things to entertain a 4 year-old in Brighton.

boik

Our Grandson is 4 today, and we have promised that we will take him for a day out in Brighton. He loves the pier and mooching along the seafront, but does anyone have any other ideas of things that kids might like in Brighton. He's done the SeaLife centre a couple of times, so anything else?

Keep it clean please, I know what you wits (and halfwits) are like!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our Grandson is 4 today, and we have promised that we will take him for a day out in Brighton. He loves the pier and mooching along the seafront, but does anyone have any other ideas of things that kids might like in Brighton. He's done the SeaLife centre a couple of times, so anything else?

tweet Jiri Skalak, and arrange a playdate.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I am not sure on what attractions to see but a visit to Shakeaway in Bond Street will win you lots of grandparent points. If you're unaware they do milkshakes but they make them with whatever he fancies...mars bar, peanut butter, tic tacs...you name it, they've got it. My lads used to love that place when they were younger.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Booth Museum on Dyke Road, playground at base of West Pier.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Drusillas? It's a bit out but it was always the classic for me as a kid, loved it to bits there. Plus middle farm is en route.

If you're looking for something more central there is the Kings Road playground or Peter Pan's playground, both on the seafront. Pottery painting in the north Laine, sweet shops in the lanes, Marrocco's ice cream in Hove, King Alfred's right next to that...

Tonnes of things a four year old would love!

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003

Give Swansea City a call: they should have both their games last season against Crystal Palace on DVD.

Just thinking of rainy day ideas, y'know.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for a good day out in the City, but I can recommend that you put his name down for a ST if you want him to sit next to you...

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hove museum is good for 4 yr old

Or booth museum, marina to see the boats & arcade, play area by the west pier & i360, play area by peter pans (& yellow wave cafe), train ride. Bus trip. Preston park play area & cafe. Hove park play area & cafe. Ice cream parlour like creams..

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Pier has a fantastic new soft play at the end. It's enormous and covers most of that dome. Combine that with carousel, cups & saucers, a few goes on the machines and a bag of doughnuts and you're laughing.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Chimney Sweeping...oh, sorry, you said keep it clean! :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Pier has a fantastic new soft play at the end. It's enormous and covers most of that dome. Combine that with carousel, cups & saucers, a few goes on the machines and a bag of doughnuts and you're laughing.

My daughter is 6 but her favourite day out is Pier in the morning (including the new soft play which is fantastic), DAYS for lunch then back across the road for a ride on the seafront merry-go-round and chucking stones in to the sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here