Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Things to entertain a 4 year-old in Brighton.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
FunPlex indoor soft play area if the weather is no good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The wife normally takes me to McDonalds; the meal deal with toy keeps me occupied for ages.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My daughter is 6 but her favourite day out is Pier in the morning (including the new soft play which is fantastic), DAYS for lunch then back across the road for a ride on the seafront merry-go-round and chucking stones in to the sea.

That sound pretty much the same as my daughters routine, however throw in Boho Gelato at Pool Valley.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Not for everyone but my 6 year old quite enjoyed the i360! Other than that with our 4 and 6 years old boys we tend to park up near the level, there is quite a good children's park there and plenty of space for scooters and bikes if thats his thing. They do some decent cakes and kids hot chocolate in the cafe there and then afterwards you can walk in to the open market or the Laines.

We also go to 'The big park' in Peacehaven and Hove Park, both of which are good modern parks have cafe's and plenty of space.

Lush

Mods' Pet
My daughter is 6 but her favourite day out is Pier in the morning (including the new soft play which is fantastic), DAYS for lunch then back across the road for a ride on the seafront merry-go-round and chucking stones in to the sea.

This. He's only 4. His favourite thing will be spending time with you, throwing stones in the sea and running away from the waves (assuming he's got a nice warm coat on and it's not blowing a hooly), then a hot chocolate (with marshmallows and cream somewhere. That's where the memories are.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The little ones play area on The Level, near the skatepark, seems to be entertaining enough.

boik

Thanks guys, some relatively sensible ideas in there - some I didn't know about and some I'd forgotten. I'll make a list and take it with us and then just go with the flow.

Good ole NSC!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not for everyone but my 6 year old quite enjoyed the i360.

Mine wanted to go up it, so we booked tickets and in typical dad joke style spoilt it for everyone as we were walking up to it, I happened to mention that I had read somewhere the main structure was built our of cardboard in a cost cutting exercise, and would probably collapse in a shower or strong gust of wind........ Tears, Stamping of feet, crossed arms...... Twenty minutes later, me and my daughter are sat at the bottom of the i360 looking up at the pod gradually moving upwards and staring back at us with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face was the wife.....

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
This. He's only 4. His favourite thing will be spending time with you, throwing stones in the sea and running away from the waves (assuming he's got a nice warm coat on and it's not blowing a hooly), then a hot chocolate (with marshmallows and cream somewhere. That's where the memories are.

you forgot .... chips, with salt & vinegar

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Just take him to a pub and make him sit there with a bottle of Coke and a bag of crisps all afternoon. Par for the course when I was growing up in the 70s...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here