Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Always a problem when demand exceeds supply, so always going to be some losers, however it is sorted. Must admit, though, that I like the idea of existing STHs who want to introduce a young relative to the Amex when they become old enough to appreciate it having some sort of priority - you know, keeping the 'family club' idea going.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The club sent emails out saying that the waiting list was growing, if the season ticket holders ignored them and didnt think of signing Jack up thats not the clubs fault. Its not he is not valid its the fact that there are others in the same position patiently waiting.

So Jacks dad is the only person who never thought that Jack may want to go and watch BHA in 10 years time.

I am not sure how it would work but I feel that ANY STH should have a priority when applying for an additional childs ticket for their child.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Always a problem when demand exceeds supply, so always going to be some losers, however it is sorted. Must admit, though, that I like the idea of existing STHs who want to introduce a young relative to the Amex when they become old enough to appreciate it having some sort of priority - you know, keeping the 'family club' idea going.

But should that be at the expense of someone who is on the waiting list ?

Its a difficult one.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Son Jacks dad is the only person who never thought that Jack may want to go and watch BHA in 10 years time.

For all games at the moment, tickets are available on sale including the family stand, so there is no reason Jack's Dad cannot let someone else enter on his season ticket and buy match tickets for himself and Jack in the Family Stand.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Its a difficult one.

Indeed, you don't want it a closed shop when a new family who may not have been season ticket holders before want to take their son to games regularly.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
So if say some of the kids in the family stand are now 16, easy if they have been there from the start. They and Dad, who will have to move too would I hope in all fairness get first dibbs on the available season tickets in other areas. Unless we are demoted a lot of people will spend their lives on the waiting list. Bit like waiting for an operation on the NHS.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Its a difficult one.

I don't know - I don't claim to have the answer, and yes, it is a poser. Just a personal view that I would weight it slightly in favour of the family thing - Dads (or Grandads) taking their offspring off to the football seems to me to be one of those good traditions I would be sad to lose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For all games at the moment, tickets are available on sale including the family stand, so there is no reason Jack's Dad cannot let someone else enter on his season ticket and buy match tickets for himself and Jack in the Family Stand.

Isnt that against the rules letting somebody use his ST. If he bought tickets for him and Jack and let his best mate use his that would be like giving his mate a ST not in name but jumping the list but he could in fact buy 2 tickets and let his mate take his son to the games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So long as PB doesn't find out that the wrong person is using the ST!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So if say some of the kids in the family stand are now 16, easy if they have been there from the start. They and Dad, who will have to move too would I hope in all fairness get first dibbs on the available season tickets in other areas. Unless we are demoted a lot of people will spend their lives on the waiting list. Bit like waiting for an operation on the NHS.

This.

Adults who have waited patiently on the s/t list, shoudn't miss out to others who joined the queue later, regardless of family ties.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Isnt that against the rules letting somebody use his ST. If he bought tickets for him and Jack and let his best mate use his that would be like giving his mate a ST not in name but jumping the list but he could in fact buy 2 tickets and let his mate take his son to the games.

The club has let me in the past relocate to accommodate an extra person thus realeesaing my 2 season tickets for general sale.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Why can't some people just accept there is a waiting list and be done with it. It's not ideal because not everyone that wants a season ticket can get one but it's the fairest way Deal with it!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Well don't do it then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why can't some people just accept there is a waiting list and be done with it. It's not ideal because not everyone that wants a season ticket can get one but it's the fairest way Deal with it!

If Emily Pankhurst had thought the same Women do not have a vote Deal with it. Change only comes through foresight and pressure but I do not have the answer to this situation which is obviously a problem for many. However somebody will come up with an answer.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

That is the big problem with the family stand. When the youngster passes 16 both him and the older person will become 'homeless' unless there are seats available elsewhere. At the moment this seems unlikely. However, if you would like to take a young child with you, then seats will become available every year. Of course you'll have to take your place on the waiting list, but that should move quicker than the general list.
On the matter of giving up your ST to other family members, there was a study of Liverpool ST holders a good few years ago that found out that a very high proportion would be well over 100 at that time. They're probably well over 120 by now.....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If Emily Pankhurst had thought the same Women do not have a vote Deal with it. Change only comes through foresight and pressure but I do not have the answer to this situation which is obviously a problem for many. However somebody will come up with an answer.

Women were denied the vote simply for being women. That's got nothing to do with having to be patient and join the waiting list for season tickets.
The warning signs were there when we just failed to get promoted on goal difference in May 2016. Many games were sold out then.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
In Jacks case nobody thought of it as it has never been a problem to just add 1 more ST in the past, but I suppose that is all part of us becoming a number to the club rather than a valued customer.

But Jack is not a valued customer any more than anyone else on the list, dad is but he isn't.

In fact there will be many people on the STH list who have been STH in the past for many years and have missed the last year or 2 for one reason or another.

Should Jack move ahead of a Withdean or Gillingham or Goldstone STH on the list just because his dad goes? Or someone who's bought 10 home game tickets a year since the start if Amex, before Jack was born?

Once you open the door to 'exceptions' to the list, where do you stop?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Well she fought for the right for women to vote.

Why don't you start a campaign for the right for kids to jump the Amex STH waiting list! Someone has got to front the campaign to get the ball rolling and who better than you who has a vested interest? Start with an email to Paul Barber he might just give way at the first attempt :)

If you feel the need to dress up as a Doris and throw yourself under the next race at Brighton i will fully support you:thumbsup:
Its like a one way trip up Pankhurst Avenue for you:blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here