Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

If you cannot offer something constructive I would suggest you go and hold hands with TLO as you both seem to have the same attitude.

As it happens this thread has give rise to debate on both sides of the argument and I am not saying that the system shouldnt be looked at if it can be improved it would benefit the vast majority.

I accept the existence of a waiting list but is that the way forward for a club advocating together.

Something needs to be looked at???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you cannot offer something constructive I would suggest you go and hold hands with TLO as you both seem to have the same attitude.

As it happens this thread has give rise to debate on both sides of the argument and I am not saying that the system shouldnt be looked at if it can be improved it would benefit the vast majority.

I accept the existence of a waiting list but is that the way forward for a club advocating together.

I have already said something constructive, but that didn't fit in with your world view.

Here's a little tip for you, if you want to be taken seriously don't compare this particular struggle to the Suffragette movement and FYI it's probably best you also don't invoke Mandela or Gandhi either.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It's not about #together. Sticking to the waiting list methodology will quite rightly reward those who've waited the longest, first.

With a finite capacity, any tampering to fit your version of #together, can only mean that people who've been waiting longer lose out.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
What a thread. Marvellous.

wizard.gif

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I fail to see how it isn't advocating together. Your argument seems to be that if three members of a family are already sth, then they are entitled to jump the queue.
That isn't true.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
FWIW I think the suggestion of a waiting list for the family stand which must contain at least 1 child seems a sensible idea. Other areas and supporters wouldnt be affected.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have already said something constructive, but that didn't fit in with your world view.

Here's a little tip for you, if you want to be taken seriously don't compare this particular struggle to the Suffragette movement and FYI it's probably best you also don't invoke Mandela or Gandhi either.

The point is nothing changes if everybody accepts the situation as it is. If that is what you think so be it it is your choice and decision and people will agree or not but that is what it is.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
If Emily Pankhurst had thought the same Women do not have a vote Deal with it. Change only comes through foresight and pressure but I do not have the answer to this situation which is obviously a problem for many. However somebody will come up with an answer.

Hahahahaha

I just love the way your mind works.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The point is nothing changes if everybody accepts the situation as it is. If that is what you think so be it it is your choice and decision and people will agree or not but that is what it is.

Ha ha BG, I don't think SB is questioning your right to have an alternative view, or even to protest, petition the club, whatever, I think what he is trying to say is that comparing your view to the struggles of the Suffragettes is hardly comparable!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
FWIW I think the suggestion of a waiting list for the family stand which must contain at least 1 child seems a sensible idea. Other areas and supporters wouldnt be affected.

But that will happen anyway! If seats become available in the Family Stand, only those on the waiting list with a child will be eligible. So effectively that is already what will happen.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I simply don't understand your comment that the current waiting list system favours "the older ST applicant". Would you explain that to me please?

The current waiting list includes x thousands of people, probably enough to fill vacated spaces for quite a number of years if we remain in the PL. This list includes all those who want a ST because we are now in the PL. (If this wasn’t the case the demand would be the same as when we were in the Championship, or lower).

Where are the additions to this list going to come from? I would surmise that most new additions will be from parents wanting to take their children as they grow older - people moving into the area - friends or relatives of current fans. It is unlikely in my opinion that there will be many new fans applying for season tickets from my generation, “oldies” :)

IF I am correct in those assumptions then those towards the back of the queue will tend to be younger than those at the front.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

So you're suggesting that a fairer way of dealing with it is a waiting list with special priority for a family member or a free for all with special priority for said family member.
I fail to see how having a waiting list goes against the whole #together thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the club can't raise the capacity it should look to lower the pitch.

If it's too expensive to drop it by all 4 stands at once, perhaps they could do it a stand at a time.
Sure there might be a minor adverse camber to the pitch, but it'll be the same for both teams.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So you're suggesting that a fairer way of dealing with it is a waiting list with special priority for a family member or a free for all with special priority for said family member.
I fail to see how having a waiting list goes against the whole #together thing.

Nearly. He's suggesting that the club should change the system so that Jack gets a ST. Now that we're in the PL.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nearly. He's suggesting that the club should change the system so that Jack gets a ST. Now that we're in the PL.

No I am not irrespective of what division we were in his dad was destined to buy him a ST at a young age. I took my young brother when we were in 4th Division and he is still a STH now some 50+ years on through good and bad times.

I am sure, as I said at the outset, that this is a problem that has occurred with many dads not just my son and his son.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd imagine many dad's thought 'f**k it for £5 a month I might as well get both kids a seat now to save the hassle in a few years time'.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My point is that the waiting list is now in operation so would anybody having a child soon have to add that child to the waiting list as something else to do when he/she is born. In Jacks case nobody thought of it as it has never been a problem to just add 1 more ST in the past, but I suppose that is all part of us becoming a number to the club rather than a valued customer.

No, its about being last on the waiting list. If I wanted a season ticket next year, I wouldn't dream of assuming that just because I have family members who already have their own season ticket I could jump the queue.

Stop trying to push in, and get to back with the rest of us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here