Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not sure there needs to be.

1. A seat (or, more likely a couple of seats) become available in the Family Stand.
2. Seat(s) are offered to the first person/people waiting.
3. Those people say "no, thanks, we want another stand"
4. Seat(s) get offered to the next person on the list
Repeat until seats are taken.

Are the seats offered only to adults with children or are they offered to whoever happens to be top of the waiting list?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well thats just a ridiculous comment the waiting list hasnt been going for 5 years.

My point is that the waiting list is now in operation so would anybody having a child soon have to add that child to the waiting list as something else to do when he/she is born. In Jacks case nobody thought of it as it has never been a problem to just add 1 more ST in the past, but I suppose that is all part of us becoming a number to the club rather than a valued customer.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So how do they accommodate young future fans like Jack when they reach the age of being able and wanting to go to football with dad. I would have thought that children of STH would have a priority on the list.

You'd be better off hoping for relegation, that'll thin out the waiting list by a few thousand I'd guess, after all, there was no waiting list much before it became obvious we were going up:whistle:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My point is that the waiting list is now in operation so would anybody having a child soon have to add that child to the waiting list as something else to do when he/she is born. In Jacks case nobody thought of it as it has never been a problem to just add 1 more ST in the past, but I suppose that is all part of us becoming a number to the club rather than a valued customer.
All on the waiting list are valued future customers.

It's very unfair to queue jump.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

No, its all part of us playing in the Premier League to a sold out stadium with only a finite number of seats.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They club aren't treating supporters worse.

The numbers - the fans on lists are simply victims of the club's success. Many of us always said that the potential catchment area of say Littlehampton to north Sussex to Hastings was huge. Now the infrastructure and playing side is so good, the inevitable occured of sell outs.

Last edited:

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
So how do they accommodate young future fans like Jack when they reach the age of being able and wanting to go to football with dad. I would have thought that children of STH would have a priority on the list.

They get the Young Seagulls+ membership, and wait in line.

6000+ (That figure is a few months old so it's almost definitely higher) people on the waiting list just shows how high the demand is, some of them may be-dare I say-JCLs, but there's a lot of others on that list who could not get Season Tickets before for their own reasons. The first come first serve system is flawed but the Club has no other feasible way of handling so many people wanting to watch Brighton for the time being, and many are not going to be happy because of that, but at the very least having a membership means you get a better chance to go see home matches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All on the waiting list are valued future customers.

It's very unfair to queue jump.

Clearly some feel they are more important than others who are patiently waiting.

The junior of our former neighbours, a father and son, moved from jnr to student seagull midway through last season.

They desperately wanted to keep their seats and were told 'no problem', then promotion loomed large.
The club got back in touch apologising saying they needed their space in the family stand, moving them to more expensive seats for this season, and a new father and son have arrived.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
One would assume if family stand there must be children on the application. Which is the family stand now?

And if dad already has a ST together with his two kids but mum wants one as well? Without a separate list for the ‘family’ area how does the club know who to offer an available seat to?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure there needs to be.

1. A seat (or, more likely a couple of seats) become available in the Family Stand.
2. Seat(s) are offered to the first person/people waiting.
3. Those people say "no, thanks, we want another stand"
4. Seat(s) get offered to the next person on the list.

Repeat until seats are taken.

Does this only happen to vacant seat in the family stand which by the nature of the name of the stand shouldnt happen very often and certainly not meet the demand. Or should a seat become available in Upper West near son would he get offered that taking into account his son is 5 years old so must sit with dad. The only solution would be for Ben to move to the vacant seat and Jack take Bens seat.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
One would assume if family stand there must be children on the application. Which is the family stand now?

East Stand Lower E1A, E1B, and E1G.

BG – there are simply not enough tickets to go around, nothing to do with being a number or valued customer. There are over 4000 people on the waiting list.

To be on the waiting list you actually to pay for bronze membership. My daughter is currently on it and became a member in the summer, but she is down at 2500 or something. I am in the family stand and at present she shares a ticket with her brother, although so far this season I have managed to buy single seats near us and we've made do as we sit with loads of friends around us.

In theory, the family stand should start to see more of a turnover as it's been sold out most seasons, but now we're 6 years at the Amex, there must be plenty of kids reaching 18 where they need to graduate out of the stand!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You'd be better off hoping for relegation, that'll thin out the waiting list be a few thousand I'd guess, after all, there was no waiting list much before it became obvious we were going up:whistle:

Exactly.

I bought a brand new s/t for someone last November.

For someone else we had to join a s/t waiting list, already at 1,500, in February.

It changed almost overnight.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Does this only happen to vacant seat in the family stand which by the nature of the name of the stand shouldnt happen very often and certainly not meet the demand. Or should a seat become available in Upper West near son would he get offered that taking into account his son is 5 years old so must sit with dad. The only solution would be for Ben to move to the vacant seat and Jack take Bens seat.

That couldn't happen because if Ben transfers to the vacant seat, then Ben's former seat has to be offered up to the waiting list first. There is no way of getting an additional season ticket for any seat in the stadium without being on the waiting list.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

The club sent emails out saying that the waiting list was growing, if the season ticket holders ignored them and didnt think of signing Jack up thats not the clubs fault. Its not he is not valid its the fact that there are others in the same position patiently waiting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here