Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Adding a STH

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That is the big problem with the family stand. When the youngster passes 16 both him and the older person will become 'homeless' unless there are seats available elsewhere.

I think that the club will allow anyone to remain in that position. I don't think they'd stop someone watching due to an age change simply because a member of the party passes a certain age.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But Jack is not a valued customer any more than anyone else on the list, dad is but he isn't.

In fact there will be many people on the STH list who have been STH in the past for many years and have missed the last year or 2 for one reason or another.

Should Jack move ahead of a Withdean or Gillingham or Goldstone STH on the list just because his dad goes? Or someone who's bought 10 home game tickets a year since the start if Amex, before Jack was born?

Once you open the door to 'exceptions' to the list, where do you stop?

As I said I do not know the answer as I can see the argument on both sides but I am certain somebody will come up with the answer.
If you take me as an example my grandad took me to the South Stand on arguably my 2nd or 3rd birthday (over 70 years ago). I was then hooked so took my 3 sons and then Ben when they all reached similar age and they are all still season ticket holders some 40+ years later and want to do the same with their children is that so wrong or unfair.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think that the club will allow anyone to remain in that position. I don't think they'd stop someone watching due to an age change simply because a member of the party passes a certain age.

You may be right, but that would go against the concept of the family stand - which is that adults can only go in it if they have a youngster with them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is the big problem with the family stand. When the youngster passes 16 both him and the older person will become 'homeless' unless there are seats available elsewhere. At the moment this seems unlikely. However, if you would like to take a young child with you, then seats will become available every year. Of course you'll have to take your place on the waiting list, but that should move quicker than the general list.
On the matter of giving up your ST to other family members, there was a study of Liverpool ST holders a good few years ago that found out that a very high proportion would be well over 100 at that time. They're probably well over 120 by now.....

As youngsters get too old for the family stand, they move into the rest of the stadium. Seats become available for all sorts of reasons, moving away, emigrating, deaths, illness etc, so there is natural movement.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As I said I do not know the answer as I can see the argument on both sides but I am certain somebody will come up with the answer.
If you take me as an example my grandad took me to the South Stand on arguably my 2nd or 3rd birthday (over 70 years ago). I was then hooked so took my 3 sons and then Ben when they all reached similar age and they are all still season ticket holders some 40+ years later and want to do the same with their children is that so wrong or unfair.

I really don't know what your problem is with this - the simple fact is, there are far more people who want season tickets at the Albion than there are season tickets available. The ONLY fair solution is to have a waiting list where people are given the option to purchase a season ticket strictly in relation to their position on that waiting list. 70 years ago the Albion didn't have a situation of demand greatly exceeding supply.

There is absolutely no reason why Jack can't get to see every home game this season, through his dad or brother purchasing matchday tickets for him. He should also be signed up to the season ticket waiting list and he'll get the option to buy a season ticket when his turn comes; if Albion stay in the Premier League that may be a number of years away, but so be it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really don't know what your problem is with this - the simple fact is, there are far more people who want season tickets at the Albion than there are season tickets available. The ONLY fair solution is to have a waiting list where people are given the option to purchase a season ticket strictly in relation to their position on that waiting list. 70 years ago the Albion didn't have a situation of demand greatly exceeding supply.

There is absolutely no reason why Jack can't get to see every home game this season, through his dad or brother purchasing matchday tickets for him. He should also be signed up to the season ticket waiting list and he'll get the option to buy a season ticket when his turn comes; if Albion stay in the Premier League that may be a number of years away, but so be it.

:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
F**k me the BG algorithm has gone freakin nuts.

Bozza needs to turn it off, shirley it's generated enough traffic for a week or so.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You may be right, but that would go against the concept of the family stand - which is that adults can only go in it if they have a youngster with them.

Adults are often alone in the family stand, particularly if it is an evening game. I do not think the club will penalise someone who has had a ticket for years, to lose out altogether just because of a birthday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
F**k me the BG algorithm has gone freakin nuts.

Bozza needs to turn it off, shirley it's generated enough traffic for a week or so.
If you cannot offer something constructive I would suggest you go and hold hands with TLO as you both seem to have the same attitude.

As it happens this thread has give rise to debate on both sides of the argument and I am not saying that the system shouldnt be looked at if it can be improved it would benefit the vast majority.

I accept the existence of a waiting list but is that the way forward for a club advocating together.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. Simply this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So how do they accommodate young future fans like Jack when they reach the age of being able and wanting to go to football with dad. I would have thought that children of STH would have a priority on the list.

There are people on the waiting list who have had season tickets on and off in the past. If they register him in the members scheme he'll be able to attend matches.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just for the record his dad is going to register him on the waiting list as required and buy tickets as when he can but that doesnt make it the best system available does it?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just for the record his dad is going to register him on the waiting list as required and buy tickets as when he can but that doesnt make it the best system available does it?

It's better than one where someone jumps ahead of thousands of people on a waiting list just because they (or their parents) decide that they want to go now.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

If we remain in the PL and demand continues to outstrip supply then yes, the current system really is the only fair one but that doesn’t make it the best one for the club.

We have already lost a generation of supporters during our journey to the Amex. A prolonged period in the PL with the current waiting list system, that inevitably favours the older ST applicant, will move the fan demographic even more towards the elderly end of the spectrum.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Emily Pankhurst had thought the same Women do not have a vote Deal with it. Change only comes through foresight and pressure but I do not have the answer to this situation which is obviously a problem for many. However somebody will come up with an answer.

Now this did make me laugh ...come on you are having a laugh.....you are aren't you....you aren't? gawd

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If we remain in the PL and demand continues to outstrip supply then yes, the current system really is the only fair one but that doesn’t make it the best one for the club.

We have already lost a generation of supporters during our journey to the Amex. A prolonged period in the PL with the current waiting list system, that inevitably favours the older ST applicant, will move the fan demographic even more towards the elderly end of the spectrum.

I simply don't understand your comment that the current waiting list system favours "the older ST applicant". Would you explain that to me please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here