Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark Noble: We shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It’s indicative of a culture of some players and fans when they look down their noses at “smaller” clubs like BHA who arrive in the PL, but who to their shock and surprise, then proceed to go and give them a good schooling.

They’ll never have heard of most of our players, and so will be in ignorance of what they’re capable of. The fact that there are no hugely expensive “marquee” signings in our team probably lulled them into feeling secure that this game at least would be an easy 3 points. They’d probably have assumed we’d arrive and just park the bus, without appreciating the levels of pace and guile we have on the break. They will have underestimated what a cohesive, well drilled unit CH has moulded us into. And in Jose and Knocky, we have a couple of players with the speed and trickery who can cause any team problems.

I sincerely hope EVERY team we play this season has Mark Noble’s attitude going into the game, because it utterly reeks of complacency. Its straight from the Paul Merson lazy punditry school of “its only Brighton”, and it can only benefit us this season.
Hear hear

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What a tit.

Has noble even played a full international for England? We have a Dutch goalscoring regular in our ranks.

Wouldn't swap any of Stephens, propper or grob for that mug. I just love these mediocre prem teams who spend shedloads on mediocre prem players looking down on us. Sadly, as others have said it won't last forever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s indicative of a culture of some players and fans when they look down their noses at “smaller” clubs like BHA who arrive in the PL, but who to their shock and surprise, then proceed to go and give them a good schooling.

They’ll never have heard of most of our players, and so will be in ignorance of what they’re capable of. The fact that there are no hugely expensive “marquee” signings in our team probably lulled them into feeling secure that this game at least would be an easy 3 points. They’d probably have assumed we’d arrive and just park the bus, without appreciating the levels of pace and guile we have on the break. They will have underestimated what a cohesive, well drilled unit CH has moulded us into. And in Jose and Knocky, we have a couple of players with the speed and trickery who can cause any team problems.

I sincerely hope EVERY team we play this season has Mark Noble’s attitude going into the game, because it utterly reeks of complacency. Its straight from the Paul Merson lazy punditry school of “its only Brighton”, and it can only benefit us this season.

I was going to post this on the Garth Crooks thread, but I thought a similar thing when I saw the Sky Sports team of the week. While Crooksy went for both the central defenders and Murray in his team, the SS one picked out AK. Now, I'm not saying he had a bad game – far from it – but surely there were more worthy candidates? It smacked a *little* bit of 'Brighton beat West Ham? Wow! Better stick one of their players in. That Knockaert is good – he'll do.'

But you're right, Easy, long may the underestimation continue :thumbsup:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

I am not so sure, I doubt he has heard of many of the WHU new season signing year on year so no surprise he might not have heard of ours either, it's typical footballers interview, not really insightful or honest he is just speaking to WHU fan club really.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Saying that they shouldn't have lost to us even if they had no manager is a bit of a backhander to Bilic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am not so sure, I doubt he has heard of many of the WHU new season signing year on year so no surprise he might not have heard of ours either, it's typical footballers interview, not really insightful or honest he is just speaking to WHU fan club really.

If he makes a statement in an interview "we shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton", I'd just LOVE the interviewer to ask him "err...why not ?", and see what he comes out with.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If he makes a statement in an interview "we shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton", I'd just LOVE the interviewer to ask him "err...why not ?", and see what he comes out with.

I perhaps agree, but its the stock answer from another teams player.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I hope that Mark's inspirational words have the desired effect and that the Hammers win their next league game convincingly. After that, they can go back to being hopeless again if they feel like it.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
If a player is genuinely worth what is paid for him, then he is correct, West Ham shouldn't be losing 3-0 to us. The reality of course is much different. Did Arnautovic look nearly 10 times the player of Gross ? Looked more like 10% of the player on that performance. There is so much more to a team than just adding the sum of their parts. Thanks to Hughton we are so much more than the sum of our parts. The likes of West Ham, Everton and Palace currently, so much less. Long may it continue, and plenty more arrogance and entitlement is dumped on it's arse in the course of this season.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If a player is genuinely worth what is paid for him, then he is correct, West Ham shouldn't be losing 3-0 to us. The reality of course is much different. Did Arnautovic look nearly 10 times the player of Gross ? Looked more like 10% of the player on that performance. There is so much more to a team than just adding the sum of their parts. Thanks to Hughton we are so much more than the sum of our parts. The likes of West Ham, Everton and Palace currently, so much less. Long may it continue, and plenty more arrogance and entitlement is dumped on it's arse in the course of this season.

The difference between price and value. Which is often completely ignored in the football world.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Maybe they should bust their club transfer record and put in a double bid for Dunk and Duffy before somebody else with deeper pockets does just that :moo:

Why would they do that, we all know those two are shite.:)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I can answer it for you if you like - "Because West Ham is a MASSIVE club and the fans deserve it". Bob's yer uncle.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
A read somewhere some West Ham fans suggesting Harry Redknapp should be given the job until the end of the season. What planet are these people on? I include Mark Noble as well. A bunch of East End clowns.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Poor team spirit at West Ham...if they get stuck in the bottom three for any length of time, they probably haven't the battling qualities to get out of trouble...Arnautovic, Carroll, Lanzini, Chicarito, Sakho etc.??

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The only thing more entertaining than an angry cockney twerp, is an angry scouse pillock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here