Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mark Noble: We shouldn't be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton

KLF

Albion Boleh!
Oct 27, 2004
Living next door to Gully
Too right - it should've been four or five.

“Listen, even if we didn’t have a manager at all, the talent in this club should mean that we don’t lose 3-0 to Brighton. What shape we play, what tactics we employ, that’s almost immaterial.

“You can lose games, of course you can, but whether Slaven [Bilic, the manager] is here or not, whether Sir Alex Ferguson was our boss or Jose Mourinho, we shouldn’t be getting beat 3-0 by Brighton.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/mark-noble-west-ham-shouldn-t-lose-30-to-brighton-with-all-the-talent-available-a3667346.html

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He is right though...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair to Mark Noble, one of the most honest good guy old skool haircut Hammers of recent years, with the superannuated players at their disposal and 65% possession, then they certainly SHOULDN'T be beaten 3-0 by the likes of lowly Brighton. But, hey, shit happens. Ha ha.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I suspect his attitude is part of the problem at West Ham, thinking that they only needed to turn up to beat us.

Unlucky.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought Jamie Carragher nailed it in commentary when he said that WHU played as a team of individuals. CLEARLY the talent is greater than ours and yeah, I guess that means that they SHOULD be beating a less experienced, less expensive squad. However, on the night, they were gash, simple as that.

I'd be interested to know the teams he thinks WOULD be worthy of beating them 3-0...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe they should bust their club transfer record and put in a double bid for Dunk and Duffy before somebody else with deeper pockets does just that :moo:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Is he right?

What he probably should say is players on the wages they are and commanding the transfer fees that they do shouldn't be losing to Brighton.

Gross is clearly up there with the best of their players, but cost pennies in comparison.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He is right though...

Is he? We are 9 games into the season and if your fourth from bottom its for a reason and it is reasonable to expect teams above you to give you a good game or turn you over. The more embarrassing factor is they got done at home in front of 50K home fans.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is he? We are 9 games into the season and if your fourth from bottom its for a reason and it is reasonable to expect teams above you to give you a good game or turn you over. The more embarrassing factor is they got done at home in front of 50K home fans.

Player for player I think he is largely right.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I dont it just smacks of entitlement. If we were bottom then yes but we were already above west ham. Player for Player we are higher.

Valencia are higher in La Liga than Real Madrid so all their players must be better than Ronaldo.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
He isn't entirely right but is he is saying what he thinks sounds like the right things to say, despite the article being partly about how he says it as it is!

Clearly the manager, formation and tactics are far from being immaterial.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It’s indicative of a culture of some players and fans when they look down their noses at “smaller” clubs like BHA who arrive in the PL, but who to their shock and surprise, then proceed to go and give them a good schooling.

They’ll never have heard of most of our players, and so will be in ignorance of what they’re capable of. The fact that there are no hugely expensive “marquee” signings in our team probably lulled them into feeling secure that this game at least would be an easy 3 points. They’d probably have assumed we’d arrive and just park the bus, without appreciating the levels of pace and guile we have on the break. They will have underestimated what a cohesive, well drilled unit CH has moulded us into. And in Jose and Knocky, we have a couple of players with the speed and trickery who can cause any team problems.

I sincerely hope EVERY team we play this season has Mark Noble’s attitude going into the game, because it utterly reeks of complacency. Its straight from the Paul Merson lazy punditry school of “its only Brighton”, and it can only benefit us this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here