Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] John Bishop Live

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Had a freebie so went along to see him last night at BC. Was not really interested and wouldn't have paid to see him as I've always thought his stuff worse worse than crap but I have to say I thought he was great. Some bits got a bit Scouse Dad/ageing lad but yeah was good.

Anyone else been surprised on a punt/freebie with comedy, music etc?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Had a freebie so went along to see him last night at BC. Was not really interested and wouldn't have paid to see him as I've always thought his stuff worse worse than crap but I have to say I thought he was great. Some bits got a bit Scouse Dad/ageing lad but yeah was good.

His stand up is and has always been very good IMHO, I can't stand his Saturday night TV type crap though.

I got a freebie to Northampton Race course through work. Intended just to stay for the free food and then bugger off home, I have no interest in horse racing. I got dragged along to place a bet and was hooked. Best day out I'd had in ages and totally unexpected. Won about £100 and would happily go to another race day next year,

I got another freebie from my cousin to the British Touring Car Championship at Knockhill in Scotland while I was on holiday. I only went along because they were going, again had no interest. What a surprise, brilliant day out again. Very exciting.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
His stand up is and has always been very good IMHO, I can't stand his Saturday night TV type crap though.

I got a freebie to Northampton Race course through work. Intended just to stay for the free food and then bugger off home, I have no interest in horse racing. I got dragged along to place a bet and was hooked. Best day out I'd had in ages and totally unexpected. Won about £100 and would happily go to another race day next year,

I got another freebie from my cousin to the British Touring Car Championship at Knockhill in Scotland while I was on holiday. I only went along because they were going, again had no interest. What a surprise, brilliant day out again. Very exciting.

I like stuff like that, just not expecting to enjoy a day but end up hooked.
Pretty mcuh what happened to me with BHA. Never that fussed about football, not a fan but didn't hate it. One day my mates took me to withdean to watch BHA, saying I wa smissing a good afternoon out, been a fan since that day.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Had the misfortune to see Jim Davidson where I was working once. He was even worse than I imagined.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You thinking of kissing him or a little more?

hqdefault.jpg

Nah you're alright. Go right ahead.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He’s an INCREDIBLE live act, seen him 4 times now and never failed to be umpress d, always has his audiences literally roaring with laughter.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

Got my dad a pair of tickets for his birthday. Hope he enjoys tonight's show as much as you.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Never found him funny.

He just seemed to make a stand-up career out of telling a tale of how amazed he is that he's become famous. Yeah, hysterical stuff mate, can't believe you're famous either.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I’d never found him funny beforehand, but like you I got given a free ticket to see it with a mate and I was very impressed with the majority of his performance.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Never found him funny.

He just seemed to make a stand-up career out of telling a tale of how amazed he is that he's become famous. Yeah, hysterical stuff mate, can't believe you're famous either.
This

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Over-rated Scouse comic (see also Boardman, Dodd, O'Grady).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here