Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What position do you play?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either left back or right back, as could quite successfully kick with both feet.
Although I sometimes played left back, I'm quite right footed. Left only really capable of clearing to row A. Maybe row B if I really caught it well.

I did actually score once with my left, laces an' all

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Although I sometimes played left back, I'm quite right footed. Left only really capable of clearing to row A. Maybe row B if I really caught it well.

I did actually score once with my left, laces an' all

I may have met you on the battlefield at some time over the years, depending on what Sussex div you played in?
Used to play for Bexhill and Sidley.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I may have met you on the battlefield at some time over the years, depending on what Sussex div you played in?
Used to play for Bexhill and Sidley.
Didn't play in Sussex, just played for my work team in London. We'd have been at opposite ends of the pitch too. I'd get dizzy on the odd adventure up field.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Saw myself as an attacking right-sided midfielder but lacked the pace to be a proper winger. Occasionally believed I was a striker but had a terrible shot on me. In terms of my physical stature I probably should have been a central defender but I wasn't very keen on tackling people.

Football is so much easier from the stands.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
CB, despite being smal (when I was younger anyway) I would be one of the six in the tunnel. 100%.

Got in several fights at five a side (which we played on a hockey pitch) because I'd still slide in. Losing skin in the process. Would always rather lose some skin than let them think I'm going to pull out of a challenge :)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
CB, despite being smal (when I was younger anyway) I would be one of the six in the tunnel. 100%.

Got in several fights at five a side (which we played on a hockey pitch) because I'd still slide in. Losing skin in the process. Would always rather lose some skin than let them think I'm going to pull out of a challenge :)

Met blokes like that - need to work out if they're hard or stupid.

Played right mid at school [Saltdean and Longhill] gave up footy for motorcycle racing for 10 years - returned as a left mid for Wiv-Green and my works [International Factors] set up a team that I captained from CB and occasional right wing-back - all stopped at 32 [early 90's] when diagnosed with type-1 diabetes - happy days ...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
LB or defensive LW. Wasn't left footed, so wasn't much point in sprinting down the wing and trying to cross, so tended to cut inside behind the other forwards. Back then, there seemed to be hardly any left-footers (not at my school anyway) so the best winger always played RW, and the next best one (me) on the left. Same with the full backs. I wasn't very good, though I occasionally had my moments (these were so rare that I can recall them 40 or 50 years later!)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Inside Right in the W formation.

Very much like Knockaert, tricky but slow, I would best a player and then he would catch up with me. A bit right footed as well. Left peg was for standing on.

Much better at five aside.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I last played about 17 years ago, at 43 I couldn't keep up with the youngsters,. But I'd love to play for an over-50s team. You're lucky to find one - all there seems to be in Brighton is walking football

How did you get on with the walking football ? I play in a few walking tournaments and there's some surprisingly good teams around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here