Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What position do you play?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not played for about 15yrs now but used to be a pretty pacey right wing back. Could play on the left too but felt more comfortable on the right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
KEEPS. (For the last few years, after 20 at LB and CB)

IMG_1461.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Left back in the changing room

Yoda

English & European
When playing for the NSC fans team, would be anywhere on the left as I could use either foot and hardly anyone else was left footed. Wing, wing-back or full Back

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
When playing football?
I always play in Goal but make the odd appearance as striker when my Saturday league team have one or two games left.
Same but Sunday league

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I started playing on the right wing, as I was a fast runner and had a decent cross on me.
One match the keeper got injured and no one wanted to step up to replace him, so I did it.
I had a really blinding game and saved a penalty.
I wasn't allowed to play anywhere else after that.
Are you Ronnie Blake...?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Spent over 30 years playing anywhere across the back 4 or defensive midfield.

Now, finally at the age of 57, my potential has been recognised and I play up front for an over 50s team :)

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Early days was a left winger, my left is almost as good as my right.. Scored pretty much the same amount of goals with each
Played all of the midfield for a few years afterwards
Then played everywhere in 5 a side (including goalie)
Had a brief comeback at 11 a side, I had a few games at centre back and finished off with a few games up front..
Now I tend to be on the settee

So, a journeyman all in all..

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
RM very much in the David Beckham style. Run for days and shadow well but can't beat a player or dive into amazing tackles. Instead the heart beat of the team short and long passing, tempo change and energy wise plus took every corner and free-kick. Plenty of 9-0 wins consisted of 6 or 7 assists from me and often a free kick goal.

However the 'least skilled' player on any team.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Centre-Back : in my mind at least, a cross between Lawrenson and Baresi.. ex-team mates may have a different view..

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Now, finally at the age of 57, my potential has been recognised and I play up front for an over 50s team :)

I last played about 17 years ago, at 43 I couldn't keep up with the youngsters,. But I'd love to play for an over-50s team. You're lucky to find one - all there seems to be in Brighton is walking football

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Play for an over 35 team who get beaten every week the last couple of season.

Play up front, isolated but often manage a consolation goal. Inside the box.

My second touch for the club was a 35 ard screamer in the top corner......... been going downhill ever since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here