Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace game - ticket allocation etc...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Terrible and grim away trip. Been there, done it, never again.

You'd have to pay me to go - although I suppose the harvester points are a kind of payment.

Far more fun to watch at the pub if on sky or on any beamback if not.

Would have to disagree there, the intensity and atmosphere more than compensate imho for the pitiful surroundings. Not to be missed for me.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Would have to disagree there, the intensity and atmosphere more than compensate imho for the pitiful surroundings. Not to be missed for me.

Couldn't agree more. Even though getting to & from the game is a ball ache due to the Draconian restriction it simply can't be missed.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It really is pathetic that this fixture gets a reduced allocation. Spurs v Arsenal, Utd v Liverpool, Newcastle v Sunderland etc. all have more away fans. Why is it OK at bigger derbies at bigger clubs, but not for ours? It's Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace FFS, not Boca Juniors v River Plate.

Embarrassing.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Very much this. Get kettled to the ground, which truly is a shocking 19th century dilapidated slum which has to be seen to be believed in 2017, where you get to spend an afternoon of homophic abuse from a bunch of sub-literate hoodied spotty monobrow cretins with shit flags and a drum, then get held back for ages after the final whistle, then get forced to hang around for another 20 minutes in the street behind the stand before finally being kettled down to the station (whether you were actually going there or not).

Even if we win, you still have to wade through a ruinous swamp of fly-festering shitness either side of the match in order to actually enjoy it. Fair play to anyone who goes, but I've paid my last visit there. I'm in the "naah, not worth it" camp these days. I'll watch it on TV with a few beers, and whatever the result, I will switch it off at the end and thank FUNK I'm in Sussex, and not battling my way back out of Croydon.

Generally take the same view these days. Been to a few there in past years & the Mets finest make the whole experience not worth the hassle for those who just wish to see their team play. Sussex Police are reasonable by comparison. I wasn't at the play off game, but at the 1-1 the season before. That night Brighton fans were let out first whilst the home fans in the AW Stand were held back whilst we cleared. That was the evening a metal wall sprung up in record time across the end of Holmsdale Road that the East Berlin authorities of 1961 would have been proud of. Money well spent I'm sure.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

In my 20's, I'd have 100% agreed with you.
In my 40's, I just can't be arsed with it all.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Can i propose that when the tickets for the away game go on sale, the board gets shut down as its just going to be a bin fest of people moaning they havent got enough points.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Generally take the same view these days. Been to a few there in past years & the Mets finest make the whole experience not worth the hassle for those who just wish to see their team play. Sussex Police are reasonable by comparison. I wasn't at the play off game, but at the 1-1 the season before. That night Brighton fans were let out first whilst the home fans in the AW Stand were held back whilst we cleared. That was the evening a metal wall sprung up in record time across the end of Holmsdale Road that the East Berlin authorities of 1961 would have been proud of. Money well spent I'm sure.

Our coach was kept behind that steel wall for over an hour before we could go. That was the game where I sat down near the front and got trampled on by our own fans when Barnes equalised with the penalty.
I've been 3 times now, and not seen us lose, but I'm not going to bother this season. It's too much hassle now.

Seagulls perm

Banned
Apr 20, 2017
To be accurate, there are usually no away fans at Boca v River nowadays. And most of the trouble is between barras of the same team. You probably shouldn't comment on something that you clearly know **** all about.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
This is a good opportunity to mention I've been invited to a meeting at the Amex next Thursday night to talk about arrangements for the game. In attendance will be Sussex Police, the Met, other Albion fans and Palace fans representatives. The Football Supporters' Federation have also been invited.

Please post any specific concerns or ideas you have, including any recollections of the handling of the last BHA v CPFC game at the Amex, and I will air them on your behalf at the meeting.

Ask the entire police force to have time off from 12 noon to 11pm, so us old boys can rekindle some fun.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Reading the details on the CPFC site I hope and trust that the same entry requirements will be in place for our visit up there.
Name written on ticket and season ticket with same name to be presented before entry is gained.

We do not need therefore the Met or anyone else insisting that we need photo id.

It should and must be like for like

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Seems like we're also making it impossible for any of them to sell tickets on too. Fans will be refused entry if they don't have their palace ST on them.

Jan 30, 2008
It really is pathetic that this fixture gets a reduced allocation. Spurs v Arsenal, Utd v Liverpool, Newcastle v Sunderland etc. all have more away fans. Why is it OK at bigger derbies at bigger clubs, but not for ours? It's Brighton & Hove Albion v Crystal Palace FFS, not Boca Juniors v River Plate.

Embarrassing.
only for the met when they can't keep tabs of what's happening
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Our coach was kept behind that steel wall for over an hour before we could go. That was the game where I sat down near the front and got trampled on by our own fans when Barnes equalised with the penalty.
I've been 3 times now, and not seen us lose, but I'm not going to bother this season. It's too much hassle now.
you could have knitted something nice while you were waiting
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
you could have knitted something nice while you were waiting
regards
DR

I did think of a nice bobble hat for you, but couldn't find a pattern big enough.

Knitting.gif

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
only for the met when they can't keep tabs of what's happening
regards
DR

I really can't believe the Met are that worried about what's happening with Brighton v Palace. What is it, the 15th biggest derby in English football or something? Surely this is small fry compared to many others? How is it safe for 3,000 Spurs to go to the Emirates, but not for 3,000 Palace to come to the Amex?

Jan 30, 2008
I really can't believe the Met are that worried about what's happening with Brighton v Palace. What is it, the 15th biggest derby in English football or something? Surely this is small fry compared to many others? How is it safe for 3,000 Spurs to go to the Emirates, but not for 3,000 Palace to come to the Amex?
well Boss if you know your history
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here