Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace game - ticket allocation etc...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
well Boss if you know your history
regards
DR

I do. But I really can't believe this rivalry is that terrifying compared to many others, even now we're in the top flight. Even the Old Firm games have larger away allocations than this, and surely nobody can seriously claim this has a higher potential for trouble than those? Just seems like a complete cop-out by the clubs (or whoever made the decision).

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Would have to disagree there, the intensity and atmosphere more than compensate imho for the pitiful surroundings. Not to be missed for me.

This is the reason I want to make my bow at a Palace away game. I can't imagine either set of fans will be giving half measures. After some of the limp away supports we've seen so far this season at The Amex, this surely will be bloomin' good!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No, I heard it wasn't a police decision but the clubs themselves.

I know a man who'll know - I'll ask now.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/923951139036585990

[tweet]923951139036585990[/tweet]

Albion chief executive Paul Barber told The Argus: "This was a joint decision between the clubs and the Met and Sussex Police.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
For the away fixture can I buy my ticket on Groupon?

While I can sort of understand the decision for those who are desperate to go they will find a way. I've already asked a few Palace friends and customers if they can get me a ticket in the home end and I am sure I won't be the only one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/923951139036585990

[tweet]923951139036585990[/tweet]

Albion chief executive Paul Barber told The Argus: "This was a joint decision between the clubs and the Met and Sussex Police.

The important words in the article are 'on Police advice'. The clubs agree to this and the Police continue to help and liaise with them in a positive manner, if the clubs ignore the 'advice' then attitude from the Police will one where the football club(s) are seen as a problem issue which needs resolving. It used happen in alcohol licensing for pubs and clubs all the time until the role was given to local authorities instead. This is the Police 'making the rules' rather than just enforcing the law as prescribed by Parliament. One or both Police forces should be made to answer why this fixture is worse than any other that takes place across the country week in week out. Alongside the Sussex Police decision to dissuade people from going to the Lewes bonfire celebrations it really does appear that they enjoy a good 'control culture'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here