Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace game - ticket allocation etc...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Imagine it might be because they're laying on a "special" train back to Selhurst after the game, as previously, and the capacity of the train + busses would struggle to exceed 2,000?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Imagine it might be because they're laying on a "special" train back to Selhurst after the game, as previously, and the capacity of the train + busses would struggle to exceed 2,000?

Woooohooooohhooooo
Woooohooooohhhoooo
Special train
**** off home

:lolol:

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
If a special train is laid on then I hope its the Nigel's that get held back and we have no repeat of the play of game when fans heading east were held whilst the police slowly marched them onto the platform.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yep, Police making things easier for themselves by telling Brighton to only allocate 2000 tickets, Poor from the Police. Plenty of far more volatile games take place in the UK each season with full allocations for away fans. Shame for the fans of both clubs.

I was at the 1-3 and the 3-0 games at the Amex and never really spotted any real trouble and certainly there was no mass disorder that the plod could use to justify reduced allocations for this seasons games. Lazy policing.

I think the bravado that induces the violent situations is mainly kept behind a keyboard. Sensible policing and a larger allocation shouldn't be an issue.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Everything that is wrong in the UK and the world today. Many existing rules/guidelines/laws voted upon by national governments/parliaments are not enforced, but law enforcement agencies choose to create their own rules because it makes their life easier (see Lewes Bonfire Celebrations). Meanwhile democracy becomes nothing more than a side show, hold your head in shame PC Balkham if the 2,000 allocation is true.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I've never been to Selhurst for a Brighton game and was going to try this time - a lower allocation could scupper that! :tantrum:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Perhaps as they would only have to offer us up to 2500 the clubs have agreed a lower matxhing figure for both matches

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I've never been to Selhurst for a Brighton game and was going to try this time - a lower allocation could scupper that! :tantrum:
You really aren't missing much unless we win. There is literally nothing enjoyable about it unless you are a wanabee hoolie or enjoy police dogs, horses, a tiny concourse, pillars blocking the view, a shitty block at the end of a horrible stand with wooden seats which is a fire hazard, and a load of Palace cretins singing "we love you".

Literally the worst away trip of the season

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

You probably don't think it's as bad as people say. But it really is. Think the North Stand toilets at the Goldstone, but darker. I've not been to anywhere comparably unpleasant. I think the other stands are probably somewhat better, but the Arthur Waite is awful.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You really aren't missing much unless we win. There is literally nothing enjoyable about it unless you are a wanabee hoolie or enjoy police dogs, horses, a tiny concourse, pillars blocking the view, a shitty block at the end of a horrible stand with wooden seats which is a fire hazard, and a load of Palace cretins singing "we love you".

You probably don't think it's as bad as people say. But it really is. Think the North Stand toilets at the Goldstone, but darker. I've not been to anywhere comparably unpleasant. I think the other stands are probably somewhat better, but the Arthur Waite is awful.
- 1 person slowly serving the 1000 trying to get a beer crammed as sardines into the matchbox sized concourse.

- And the drum in the Arthur Waite. The infernal drum.

Much more pleasant to listen at home...

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
- 1 person slowly serving the 1000 trying to get a beer crammed as sardines into the matchbox sized concourse.

- And the drum in the Arthur Waite. The infernal drum.

Much more pleasant to listen at home...
Oh yes i missed the near Hillsborough trying to get a beer at half time.

Disgrace of a ground

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

And they seem to be making the segregation area bigger and bigger. We were half a stand away from the home fans last time we played. Was it the last play-off game up there where we were told to take ID with us as well?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And the fact its in Croydon doesn't help Smelhurst much

It's in South Norwood, SE 25.

Police overkill wins the day AGAIN.
There's been no serious trouble for years, and the one to one marking by Sussex's finest will stop any shenanigans.
Won't stop loads travelling down for the day.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I wonder if all the home/away coaches will be together as per the norm at the Amex? Hard to police when it's rammed and the gaps between coaches turn into a maze of alleyways!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's in South Norwood, SE 25.

Police overkill wins the day AGAIN.
There's been no serious trouble for years, and the one to one marking by Sussex's finest will stop any shenanigans.
Won't stop loads travelling down for the day.

For once I agree with you. I know that your Ultras group have a direct line to your chairman so perhaps it might be worthwhile Palace fans recording just how heavy-handed you all get treated and present the evidence to Parish.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is a good opportunity to mention I've been invited to a meeting at the Amex next Thursday night to talk about arrangements for the game. In attendance will be Sussex Police, the Met, other Albion fans and Palace fans representatives. The Football Supporters' Federation have also been invited.

Please post any specific concerns or ideas you have, including any recollections of the handling of the last BHA v CPFC game at the Amex, and I will air them on your behalf at the meeting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here