Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace game - ticket allocation etc...

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I've bought tickets in the family stand (north east) - without under 16s.. I'd assume on a Tuesday night at one of the less friendly atmospheres this will be fine?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Really? Seemed like a pretty fair comment to me. This is our biggest game of the season imo the first fixture I and many fans would have looked for and they are reducing the capacity. Bloody stupid decision

There's no indication the capacity is being reduced, just the number of away fans. Last season we had 2,000 away fans at the Amex and we didn't reduce the capacity to do that.

That said, you'd expect there may be a slightly bigger segregation area for this than some other clubs, but it won't be 1,000 extra seats of segregation.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
There's no indication the capacity is being reduced, just the number of away fans. Last season we had 2,000 away fans at the Amex and we didn't reduce the capacity to do that.

That said, you'd expect there may be a slightly bigger segregation area for this than some other clubs, but it won't be 1,000 extra seats of segregation.

I must admit I didn't think of that so if more home fans can attend that's not all bad

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
classic NSC

Same posters moaning now will moan when there’s limited segregation and a child on either side gets injured or frightened if something occurs.

Also is it that surprising?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, I heard it wasn't a police decision but the clubs themselves.

As has now been published 'on po!lice advice', which in effect means if the clubs ignore the advice the Police will publicly blame them. Sad.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
classic NSC

Same posters moaning now will moan when there’s limited segregation and a child on either side gets injured or frightened if something occurs.

Also is it that surprising?

Oh, the world should stop in case something happens argument?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Would have to disagree there, the intensity and atmosphere more than compensate imho for the pitiful surroundings. Not to be missed for me.

Would have to agree with your assumption of " not to be missed" my first visit there was the Barry Butlin goal match where we scored really early then parked the bus and defended to a man to hold out for the win, the atmosphere was electric and after the game almost scary with hoolies running amok literally searching for away supporters. There were no real attempts at segregation in those days, you just didn't bring attention to yourself if you found yourself in amongst the home fans. I must add that in those days Selhurst seemed a nice ground but then we had the Goldstone which in all honesty was inferior as a stadia to theirs but the atmosphere at both places was brilliant.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It's in South Norwood, SE 25.

Police overkill wins the day AGAIN.
There's been no serious trouble for years, and the one to one marking by Sussex's finest will stop any shenanigans.
Won't stop loads travelling down for the day.

Get the wikipedia page changed then

"Selhurst Park is an association football stadium located in the London suburb of Selhurst in the Borough of Croydon."

The rest I agree with :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Get the wikipedia page changed then

"Selhurst Park is an association football stadium located in the London suburb of Selhurst in the Borough of Croydon."

The rest I agree with :)

Crystal Palace Football Club
Whitehorse Lane
London
SE25 6PU.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’ve had three visits there, all memorable for different reasons.
*Kelvin Morton
*5-0
*McShane in the 79th.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
this is no surprise

Of course it is a surprise. Rules would suggest 10% of capacity is given over to the away teams fans up to 3,000 tickets, this happens week in, week out up and down the country. It also happens for many matches just as volatile as Albion v Palace and for some far more likely to end up in disorder. So seeing as you appear to be suggesting that you had second guessed they this would happen, what makes this game so different from many others Einstein?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:shrug:
regards
DR

You’ll never guess how many people it takes to bring Disney’s Aladdin to life on stage!

The entire set for Disney’s Aladdin weighs over 67 tonnes, with 30ft high palace gates and a dazzling Cave of Wonders. A team of over 100 people create theatrical magic on stage every nigh

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
really............... down to spoons for a wrap up again:whistle:
regards
DR

You’ll never guess how many people it takes to bring Disney’s Aladdin to life on stage!

The entire set for Disney’s Aladdin weighs over 67 tonnes, with 30ft high palace gates and a dazzling Cave of Wonders. A team of over 100 people create theatrical magic on stage every nigh

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Of course it is a surprise. Rules would suggest 10% of capacity is given over to the away teams fans up to 3,000 tickets, this happens week in, week out up and down the country. It also happens for many matches just as volatile as Albion v Palace and for some far more likely to end up in disorder. So seeing as you appear to be suggesting that you had second guessed they this would happen, what makes this game so different from many others Einstein?

It's no surprise because there was similarly restricted capacity last time we played them.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Crystal Palace Football Club
Whitehorse Lane
London
SE25 6PU.

Get the data

"SE25 6PU is located in the Selhurst electoral ward, within the London borough of Croydon and the English Parliamentary constituency of Croydon North. The Clinical Commissioning Group is NHS Croydon CCG and the police force is Metropolitan Police. This postcode has been in use since January 1980."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here