Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace game - ticket allocation etc...

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Yes very different times....Not only that there is / was a whole generation that had absolutely no real idea about the BHA they were more concerned with either Charlton or Wimbledon (in fact anyone older than 60 it was Millwall) The Palace v BHA pantomime rivalry seems a lot stronger from the Brighton side than the Palace side, yes there are a few more now its talked about, but it was all but forgotten back then.

Also the fact that a lot of Palace fans are now living in Sussex / surrey boarders means the whole "hate" thing is very much diluted, there are a few clubs that come before BHA with my little lot, mainly Chelsea, Man u and spurs.

Maybe you should read the away end on the BBS. Always telling people to go and die or calling people nonces. Dont know how your mods allow it to be honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nor me, when I hear players , managers or directors say "we want to be established premier league club" my mind thinks of Stoke, WBA, and such like!! its a NO from me ,lets just go up and down like a tarts knickers.

The Championship is without doubt my favourite league in the WORLD! Now that's saying something! Adding the likes of Burton / Rotherham to it in recent years is awesome and there's still some great away days to be had. No guaranteed results - I remember going to Forest towards the end of last season and losing 3-0 when they were lower half / not much to play for at the time. I'll enjoy the prem, hopefully for a few seasons, but if we go down I'll look forward to the Championship again - extra midweek games too!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
there are a few clubs that come before BHA with my little lot, mainly Chelsea, Man u and spurs.
Heard it all now...

Millwall as alternative rivals for Palace makes a bit of sense, although from the outside it seems Milllwall fans mainly just take the piss out of Palace.

But Chelsea, Man Utd and Spurs....?? REALLY....??

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Still nearly 300 tickets available for this one (most in E1H) so it remains to be seen whether we will need or the club be willing to open block F in the south.

F block now contains around 500 seats so there would still be a huge sterile zone, so my reckoning is it will be open if needed and I reckon it will be needed. We also have already had 3 extra columns in G block.

With us taking all of F I've calculated their 2000 will see them in B, C D and half of E so only up to the stairs, meaning exactly half a block segregation.

I reckon they might be in C,D and E which totals just over 2000 and thus keeping a gap between home fans in S1A, whilst mantaining a gap to the home fans to their other side.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Probably right, You do seem to like Liverpool though. YNWA words on the big screens? :wink:

We have been keen on every team this season, with every game sold out or very close.

You lot not sold this out yet? Blimey, biggest game of the season and all that. And yet you have sold out Liverpool in December already......

Come on Brighton customers get your wallets out, less than 3 weeks to go. :albion2:

The previous two league meetings before the play off one I managed to legitimately buy tickets in the Palace end so you lot a) don’t sell out and b) not too fussed who you sell to

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Heard it all now...

Millwall as alternative rivals for Palace makes a bit of sense, although from the outside it seems Milllwall fans mainly just take the piss out of Palace.

Rivals for those Champions League spots that Palace are aiming for.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
[Also the fact that a lot of Palace fans are now living in Sussex / surrey boarders means the whole "hate" thing is very much diluted, there are a few clubs that come before BHA with my little lot, mainly Chelsea, Man u and spurs.[/QUOTE]

what a lemon your 'little lot' --are you all 4 years of age ?, I imagine Chelsea and man u and spurs will be horrified to hear you think their rivals?
with the BHA/palarce rivalry being nothing why are you on our website and posted 900 times ????

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Heard it all now...

No no no , not rivals just teams I dislike a lot more than Brighton. In fact where I live in Sussex there are loads of Brighton fans who are my mates and are top blokes so I find it very hard to dislike you. Even though a few of you on here try your best , but I love the banter bit.

There are less than 130 tickets left for this game, the vast majority of which are in H block in the ESL.

It's tricky to know if/how many more will be released. At Palace only have a 2000 allocation there are clearly more options for sales to home fans, or the club will decide to just have oversized sterile areas, which I hate and makes it all seem a little tinpot. Look at the segreaton area in the North London derby on the telly now. I bet you can't even see it!

Of the 1000 their allocation was reduced by only around 60 have been sold to home fans. This was 3 columns in G block of the south stand. I think these are usually used for segregation when the visitors take the whole of F block as part of a regular 3000 allocation.

In the SE corner there is now a permanent divde so is not a need to have seats here for segregation although the club may choose to rope of some of B block to provide a bigger buffer. They might even choose to rope off all of B block (circa 500).

If this was their chosen option then I am guessing Palace would have C, D, E and some of F to make up their 2000. If so, and we sold no more seats to home fans then a hole half of E block was also be roped off meaning a sterile area of 14 columns on the west and the whole of B block and the permanent dvide on the East.

Or they could have Palace in the whole of B block with maybe a few extra seats taken out for additonal stewarding. If this was the case they would not need to touch F block at all, meaning we could be offered half leaving a whole half block for segregation.

The final option would be there is no additional (or minimal) segregation to the East and the western sterile area is the usual 5 (maybe one or two more for this fixture) columns which could be in E block meaning we could still have the whole of F block for us if needed.

I for one would be very dissapointed if nearly half of the south stand was not used, but it could happen. If this is the case you had better get your skates on and grab one of the remaining seats as in this scenario, what's currently for sale is it.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Palace fan i play football with asked me to get him a home end ticket today. Obviously said no. I told him id never risk my season ticket by giving an away fan a home end ticket. He got quite a shirty, "what do you think I'm going to Do?" Etc. Obviously stood my ground.

Last edited:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
There are less than 130 tickets left for this game, the vast majority of which are in H block in the ESL.

It's tricky to know if/how many more will be released. At Palace only have a 2000 allocation there are clearly more options for sales to home fans, or the club will decide to just have oversized sterile areas, which I hate and makes it all seem a little tinpot. Look at the segreaton area in the North London derby on the telly now. I bet you can't even see it!

Of the 1000 their allocation was reduced by only around 60 have been sold to home fans. This was 3 columns in G block of the south stand. I think these are usually used for segregation when the visitors take the whole of F block as part of a regular 3000 allocation.

In the SE corner there is now a permanent divde so is not a need to have seats here for segregation although the club may choose to rope of some of B block to provide a bigger buffer. They might even choose to rope off all of B block (circa 500).

If this was their chosen option then I am guessing Palace would have C, D, E and some of F to make up their 2000. If so, and we sold no more seats to home fans then a hole half of E block was also be roped off meaning a sterile area of 14 columns on the west and the whole of B block and the permanent dvide on the East.

Or they could have Palace in the whole of B block with maybe a few extra seats taken out for additonal stewarding. If this was the case they would not need to touch F block at all, meaning we could be offered half leaving a whole half block for segregation.

The final option would be there is no additional (or minimal) segregation to the East and the western sterile area is the usual 5 (maybe one or two more for this fixture) columns which could be in E block meaning we could still have the whole of F block for us if needed.

I for one would be very dissapointed if nearly half of the south stand was not used, but it could happen. If this is the case you had better get your skates on and grab one of the remaining seats as in this scenario, what's currently for sale is it.

As I've said before, I think they will be in C, D and E which totals a bit over 2000. If the club were going to open F, then I think they would've done it by now as G is sold out.

I saw a picture of Newcastle and Sunderland fans where the segregation was about 2 seats. I can't see how they think our game is more likely to kick off. The away end isn't even next to our more boisterous fans.

As I've said before, I think they will be in C, D and E which totals a bit over 2000. If the club were going to open F, then I think they would've done it by now as G is sold out.

I saw a picture of Newcastle and Sunderland fans where the segregation was about 2 seats. I can't see how they think our game is more likely to kick off. The away end isn't even next to our more boisterous fans.

Clearly you ‘might’ be right. But my money is on us having at least half of F block too. Not been opened yet as there is availability elsewhere. This will change during the week so we will soon find out.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I have got a student doing a project on actual attendance by season ticket holders at derby matches on Tuesday nights. Her hypothesis is that people in upper tiers of a ground are proportionately more likely to attend when compared to those in lower tiers.

If there is anyone on here with a STH in WSU who is not planning on attending v. Palace for any reason then please can you PM me?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
10 seats available (including a nice row of 5) in WSU...

W3C

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Clearly you ‘might’ be right. But my money is on us having at least half of F block too. Not been opened yet as there is availability elsewhere. This will change during the week so we will soon find out.

Think it's just wishful thinking really. What's on offer is what we get, there will be huge gulf of segregation either side to stop those troublesome East standers making a charge :rolleyes:

Totally and utterly unnecessary and will give us another 29700 gate when it could and should be a (capacity) sellout.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here