Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace game - ticket allocation etc...

Tickets remaining for Crystal Palace

Palace have received an allocation of just 2000 for our game on the 28th November. This reduced allocation will be recripacted when we play them at Selhurt. This policy affects us less than them as our allocation was always going to be less than 3000 anyhow.

Source: https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/brighton-away-match-ticket-information/

This is a category B game and a previous purchase history is required.

The reduced allocation should mean we can also have F block for ourselves which would then leave half of E block as a larger than normal segregation area. They could of course play around with the segregation area in the SE corner but I doubt it as this is now a fixed barrier.

No idea why the smaller away allocation is needed. Traditional rivalries like Spurs/Arsenal, Liverpool/Everton/Man U or City Man U always seem to have the absolute minimum of segregation.

Currently Available:-

North: 22 (all front row/disabled)
Shelf: 113
WSL: 14 (10 are front row/disabled)
South: 125 (maybe with another block to be released)
ESL: 326 (all are block H apart from 28 in the family area)
ESU: 8 (all disabled/wheelchair seats)

There are also 96 hospitality packages which include food, booze and a 1901 seat for £192.00

Despite this fixture being looked forward to by many of us there was always going to be a certain number who will avoid this fixture. Being a Tuesday evening will also reduce demand, especially in the family areas.

For these reasons I think it was always going to be touch and go if this would sell out. Now we also have an extra block to flog unless, of course it's deemed that a third of a whole stand is needed as a sterile area.

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't really understand why a reduced capacity reduces the chance of trouble. We've all seen moments of violence between the two sets of fans in the past, but its a handful, up to 'hundreds' perhaps, but you certainly don't see 3,000 rampaging fans on either side. I'd be pretty certain that most of the people who want to have a go are already getting their tickets as part of the 2,000, or coming without a ticket anyway, and the extra 1,000 that will miss out are just people waning to see their team play

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Palace have received an allocation of just 2000 for our game on the 28th November. This reduced allocation will be recripacted when we play them at Selhurt. This policy affects us less than them as our allocation was always going to be less than 3000 anyhow...

did you mean recrapulated?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Considering that we would only get just over 2000 to visit their tip I shall not be shedding any crocodile tears for their Amex allocation.

Still nearly 300 tickets available for this one (most in E1H) so it remains to be seen whether we will need or the club be willing to open block F in the south.

F block now contains around 500 seats so there would still be a huge sterile zone, so my reckoning is it will be open if needed and I reckon it will be needed. We also have already had 3 extra columns in G block.

With us taking all of F I've calculated their 2000 will see them in B, C D and half of E so only up to the stairs, meaning exactly half a block segregation.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
TBF they couldn't sell 900 at Withdean so probably a decision based on that..?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
You lot not sold this out yet? Blimey, biggest game of the season and all that. And yet you have sold out Liverpool in December already......

Come on Brighton customers get your wallets out, less than 3 weeks to go. :albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You lot not sold this out yet? Blimey, biggest game of the season and all that. And yet you have sold out Liverpool in December already......

Come on Brighton customers get your wallets out, less than 3 weeks to go. :albion2:

Remember when 11k home fans turned up for the 0-0 game in 2011/2012? I do. It was also the first time we'd played you in donkeys years at Selhurst. Fact.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Difference between Premier League and Championship opposition presumably.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1-1? Average stuff all round from memory.

Ah yes sorry 1-1 game the first season back in Championship if memory serves me right? 17,271 pretendance with 3k or so Albion - Actual bums on seats was 14k-15k as tweeted by Baulkam(sp) so it was under 12k home fans. Not a problem with it, but can't really split hairs re a 31k stadium selling out or not by a few hundred tickets now..?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Ah yes sorry 1-1 game the first season back in Championship if memory serves me right? 17,271 pretendance with 3k or so Albion - Actual bums on seats was 14k-15k as tweeted by Baulkam(sp) so it was under 12k home fans. Not a problem with it, but can't really split hairs re a 31k stadium selling out or not by a few hundred tickets now..?

Different times.. but point taken. :thumbsup:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Probably right, You do seem to like Liverpool though.
I wonder if their fans will sing "You're only here for the Liverpool" like all the other dullard visitors to a full house Amex in the past 6 years...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Different times.. but point taken. :thumbsup:

Very different times indeed. I bet part of you wouldn't mind the championship again if you went down having done 4/5 years or whatever in the prem? I love the championship. When we do inevitably get relegated, be it this season, next or 5 years time I'll not grumble much!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Yes very different times....Not only that there is / was a whole generation that had absolutely no real idea about the BHA they were more concerned with either Charlton or Wimbledon (in fact anyone older than 60 it was Millwall) The Palace v BHA pantomime rivalry seems a lot stronger from the Brighton side than the Palace side, yes there are a few more now its talked about, but it was all but forgotten back then.

Also the fact that a lot of Palace fans are now living in Sussex / surrey boarders means the whole "hate" thing is very much diluted, there are a few clubs that come before BHA with my little lot, mainly Chelsea, Man u and spurs.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Very different times indeed. I bet part of you wouldn't mind the championship again if you went down having done 4/5 years or whatever in the prem? I love the championship. When we do inevitably get relegated, be it this season, next or 5 years time I'll not grumble much!

Nor me, when I hear players , managers or directors say "we want to be established premier league club" my mind thinks of Stoke, WBA, and such like!! its a NO from me ,lets just go up and down like a tarts knickers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here