Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Lion King Musical

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sadly I'm a thumbs down for The Lion King. Mrs Earle bought me tickets for my birthday as I had always wanted to see it. Very disappointing and the much anticipated big numbers were underplayed as if the producers were ashamed of them. Should have sent shivers down my spine, but just didn't do it for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've been three times and on each occasion I loved every second. I couldn't disagree with opening poster more than if he had said Palace are a good football team.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've heard it's great!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I could not possibly comment as I have not been to The Lyceum since The Capitol Radio best disco in town and seeing Kid Creole And The Coconuts live.
However, if I was to go to London to see a show it would not be The Lion King.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not keen myself. One of the finest opening 15 minutes in theatre but downhill from there

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I could not possibly comment as I have not been to The Lyceum since The Capitol Radio best disco in town and seeing Kid Creole And The Coconuts live.

What sorta show would you go to London to see though? ! ? :bigwave:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's a game of opinions and, personally, I didn't enjoy it, possibly because I didn't think it lived up to the hype. On the other hand, my wife and daughter enjoyed it.

Saw Bat out of Hell recently was brilliant, cheesy storyline but performances did the original album justice (you would have to have loved the original album to enjoy the show).

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don’t waste your money. See Half a Sixpence instead. Aladdin, the Genie aside, is genuinely a terrible production.

Saying that, if you love panto, you may enjoy Aladdin. It’s that kind of level.

Haven't seen Aladdin. But have to agree about Half A Sixpence. Might be old school style but some of the set pieces in that are the best I've ever seen. Energy, timing, almost annoyingly catchy & an amazing cast.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Off to see Kid Creole and ABC in a couple of weeks but not expecting it to be up to the standard of the last time I saw them

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Lion King is excellent imo. Better however are Les Miserables and the Phantom of the Opera with Celinde Schoenmaker was different gravy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here