Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Chris Nash leaves Sussex CCC

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I love Nash, so I’m saddened by the news. However, as the goggly-eyed biltong muncher has ****ed off, it’s still a good news day. Greenfield next?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I love Nash, so I’m saddened by the news. However, as the goggly-eyed biltong muncher has ****ed off, it’s still a good news day. Greenfield next?
Sad to see Gnasher go, the replacement coach will be the cheapest option available...That's what we did with Davis.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Chris 'Bash Bash' Nash!

I wonder how much better his average would have been if he had occasionally restrained himself?

Great to watch in T20 and 50 over formats of course.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A sad day as Chris Nash has been a good servant to the county. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The rumour is that Davis offered Nash the captaincy after wright stepped down. Davis then withdrew that offer the very next day.
Understandably Nash was somewhat miffed about this.
Davis sounds like an absolute c**k. I’m glad he’s gone.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very odd. Appreciate dont know reason but think it is terrible behavior. His benefit has not even finished. What a great way to thank all those people that have given money to attend events

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The rumour is that Davis offered Nash the captaincy after wright stepped down. Davis then withdrew that offer the very next day.
Understandably Nash was somewhat miffed about this.
Davis sounds like an absolute c**k. I’m glad he’s gone.

Was that Davis's decision or order came from above?
Certainly leaves a sour taste and ruins the #Together ethos they were trying to copy there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When players like Nash go they are not easily replaced, it looks like the county wants to cement a place as permanent also rans in Div 2.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Was that Davis's decision or order came from above?
Certainly leaves a sour taste and ruins the #Together ethos they were trying to copy there.

Sussex ccc , together. That is as laughable as Laurie Evans ‘ batting average.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
No need to panic I am sure the hard working Chief Exec is giving it his undivided attention.
There are many challenges involved in making a consistent success out of a non Test match ground county cricket club - our closest neighbours at Kent certainly find it no easier than we do. Rob Andrew is definitely not part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There are many challenges involved in making a consistent success out of a non Test match ground county cricket club - our closest neighbours at Kent certainly find it no easier than we do. Rob Andrew is definitely not part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
How is the book selling tour going Rob?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
How is the book selling tour going Rob?
Very clever. The fact that we have a Chief Exec with a successful career in sport playing and administration at the highest levels (and a story to tell) is actually a rather good thing. Also, October is traditionally the closest thing to a month off in professional cricket - his timing could not be better but that is no surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here