Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] My Dear Cousin (PLEASE READ)

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Hi all,

You may have recently read a small piece in the Newcastle programme that a young guy by the name of David Grzegorzek passed away in July aged just 37. David was my cousin, best mate and an all round top guy, he was also a big Albion fan. He lived in Newcastle but we used to travel to games mainly when we played up north but he also used to come down to home games and sit alongside us like he did for the monumental win against Wigan last season.

In his memory and for the charity 'Mind' in Brighton & Hove I'm going to be hiking the entire length of the Pennine way, it's 265 miles and we'll be doing this over 16 days averaging 16 miles everyday and wild camping on the moors. I'd love your support in this and have attached the link for you to read, any donations would be amazing as it means a lot to us and of course to 'Mind'.

We start the hike on the 6th November so please be generous & the link is below, please click and read!

UTA!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...y33&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_term=xMkNKqKw8

Last edited:

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Hi all,

You may have recently read a small piece in the Newcastle programme that a young guy by the name of David Grzegorzek passed away in July aged just 37. David was my cousin, best mate and an all round top guy, he was also a big Albion fan. He lived in Newcastle but we used to travel to games mainly when we played up north but he also used to come down to home games and sit alongside us like he did for the monumental win against Wigan last season.

In his memory and for the charity 'Mind' in Brighton & Hove I'm going to be hiking the entire length of the Pennine way, it's 265 miles and we'll be doing this over 16 days averaging 16 miles everyday and wild camping on the moors. I'd love your support in this and have attached the link for you to read, any donations would be amazing as it means a lot to us and of course to 'Mind'.

We start the hike on the 6th November so please be generous & the link is below, please click and read!

UTA!

https://www.justgiving.com/fundrais...y33&utm_campaign=pfp-share&utm_term=xMkNKqKw8

Done mate. Miss you pal x

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Done. Also, I don’t live far from the route so am happy to offer some hospitality/a warm meal. Just get in touch if you want. Good luck. And it’s raining cats and dogs up here today!

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Done. Also, I don’t live far from the route so am happy to offer some hospitality/a warm meal. Just get in touch if you want. Good luck. And it’s raining cats and dogs up here today!

Likewise,not far from Pennyghent.Just drop a message.
The cats seem to have gone but the dogs.........................

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Hi all,

UTA!

Done. Glad to help.
I used to work with a Dave Grzegorzek as a gardener at The Level in Brighton, back in the 1980's. Could he have possibly been a relative of your cousin?

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Thank you so so much to those that have donated, it truly means a lot to me and the family and of course to Mind.

Cheers guys

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Done. Very sad for David and friends and all your family.
In Edale Tuesday camping near the Nag's Head. It was peeing down so much we didn't walk up to Kinder Scout as planned. Hope (not a pun) it all goes well. The weather has to get better. Good luck. lots of Duke of Edinburgh school kids doing it this half term week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sponsored - I had a cousin myself who died young some 10 years ago, and have always been well aware of mental health issues.

But sorry I can't offer hospitality - I don't think the Pennine Way is particularlyclose to us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here