Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] With only 2 fit strikers...

Who would you start, up front, on Sunday?

• Hemed

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Murray

Votes: 179 84.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Murray only scores EASY goals according to some WAG on here, so – as we could do with a few of them against the SAINTS – get him IN!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's quiet funny that Sky can mention west ham's lack of strikers and injuries but can't mention that we've basically had one available striker for all but 1 game this season.

Both are very similar but I think hemed may edge it through the season who knows :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's quiet funny that Sky can mention west ham's lack of strikers and injuries but can't mention that we've basically had one available striker for all but 1 game this season.

Both are very similar but I think hemed may edge it through the season who knows :)

Plus the fact that they had 2 that they paid more than £30m for 1 starting and 1 on the bench.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We're in the big league now,so squad rotation a must,allegedly!Hemed's turn.Hope he and Glenn don't get dizzy with all the rotating till January.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray is far superior than Hemed.

superior to
And, er, no he isn't. He's a bit better.
I'd confuse the stain by starting with hungry Hemed, and bring on Muzza to kill them off, 65th minute. :thumbsup:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
There is no headache for CH, if he is now fit and over his injury, which he seems to be, look no further than GM to start with TH on the bench. The problem will come after next weeks U 23 game if Baldock comes through it ok.

What problem.

CH is not going to play Baldock as the front striker instead GM or TH, nor is he going to drop PG to give Baldock a start behind the striker. The best that Baldock can hope for at Swansea is a place on the bench

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think it depends which Murray is going to turn up , the one that played against WHU or the one who played against Everton and was constantly offside. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and play Murray BUT if he is being caught offside change the format and bring Tomer on with enough time (35 mins) to get into the game. One think about Hemed is that he gives less free kicks away and wins more and with Gross's delivery that is potential gold. I think it is too early for Baldock but Chris will know better. The bigger question is who plays the left side ...Solly and Suttner or Bong and Izquierdo.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Murray will almost certainly play because he scored 2 goals last weekend. I am more of a fan of Hemed but when you see that players of a certain standard can't even guarantee being in the squad now in the coming weeks, you know you've arrived in the big time

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Murray. He’s just a better player whose place in the team benefits those around him more, plus he’s just hit two goals.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can't see Baldock being in the 18 for Southampton or Swansea, but after the international break he should be close.

We'll need all 3 strikers for the Man Utd - PaLLLLLLL*Lace - Liverpool rapid cluster of games.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Murray for 70mins and if no joy then Hemed for rest of game, or if we are not under too much pressure and need a result, why not both for the last 20mins.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Plus the fact that they had 2 that they paid more than £30m for 1 starting and 1 on the bench.

I have been racking my brains for 5 minutes trying to figure out who these two 30 million pounds strikers are that you are referring too! Help me out bg

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I am suprised at the comments saying Murray is much better than Hemed. Think they both have different qualities, Murray is more clinical imo however Hemed works a lot harder off the ball and his hold up play is generally better for me. Definitely stick with Murray after his performance on Friday however Hemed is very much a viable option and would expect him to start vs Swansea.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Start Murray and tell him to chase everything for an hour then bring Hemed on. Though I don't really mind which one starts, just think Murray earned his start after last weekend.

Amen.

Some of the posts on this thread do make me laugh though. After Hemed's performance against Newcastle there were several threads praising his excellence this season (and rightly so). Everyone slagged Murray off after Everton. He's now had one good game and now he's seemingly league's better than Hemed according to this thread. Classic NSC.

But yes, though I am a big Hemed fan I agree with lizard - Murray has the shirt now, but give Hemed a good 25 mins.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Start Murray and tell him to chase everything for an hour then bring Hemed on. Though I don't really mind which one starts, just think Murray earned his start after last weekend.

This.

IMO there’s little between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What problem.

CH is not going to play Baldock as the front striker instead GM or TH, nor is he going to drop PG to give Baldock a start behind the striker. The best that Baldock can hope for at Swansea is a place on the bench

Do feel we need Baldock back asap if Gross has to miss any games. I know Propper could play there but wouldn't want to alter his partnership with Stephens, although there is Brown or March to look at in that role I guess.

Murray for me Sunday, not just his brace, but his movement and experience of where to be also got him 2 more clear cut chances. Happy if it's Hemed though, he's really stepped up too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
superior to
And, er, no he isn't. He's a bit better.
I'd confuse the stain by starting with hungry Hemed, and bring on Muzza to kill them off, 65th minute. :thumbsup:

If Tomer received a 2 game ban so we had this thread after Everton, I think the results would be very different.
Tomer was really in the groove before his little stumbly-wumbly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here