Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is Jose Izquierdo fitting in?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've noticed that Jose tends to warm up on his own and that the other players aren't as close to him as with some of the other new players. I then read something online about him taking time to settle. Has anyone else noticed that? I assume it's a language thing and that he may be quite a "big" personality. Will this incredibly strongly connected group pull him close or shut the door?

(I also saw a pic on Twitter where Bruno, Jose and Schelotto were eating together in a restaurant - so maybe it is a language thing?)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bit of a weird question.......new person takes a bit of time to fit into group of complete strangers ? Hardly unusual. Sounds as though you’re possibly looking for issues where there really aren’t any. Bong kissed him on Friday if that helps ease your fears ? [emoji23][emoji23]

Didn’t know Schelotto spoke Spanish though.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Bit of a weird question.......new person takes a bit of time to fit into group of complete strangers ? Hardly unusual. Sounds as though you’re possibly looking for issues where there really aren’t any. Bong kissed him on Friday if that helps ease your fears ? [emoji23][emoji23]

Didn’t know Schelotto spoke Spanish though.
Izqi seems to be doing just fine bonding with our other players

And yes, Schelotto speaks Spanish because he was born in Argentina (like that Massive bellend Forestieri)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's fitting in just fine [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fitting into what?

A wardrobe - shouldn't be a problem.
The goalkeeping kit - a bit of a tight fit.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
IMG_7055.JPG

I think he's coming along just fine, he's thirsting to prove himself and when you're in a team with a bunch of guys who have known each other for a while it can take time to settle. Everyone adjusts in their own way and I think Izzy still has a lot to show.

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Certainly not a language barrier! He speaks fluent English. In Bruges the club get the foreign players to learn English first then Dutch later as it is a more international language. Here's a video of him in English that I found after a quick search. https://youtu.be/HmP8up_8PUQ

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've noticed that Jose tends to warm up on his own and that the other players aren't as close to him as with some of the other new players. I then read something online about him taking time to settle. Has anyone else noticed that? I assume it's a language thing and that he may be quite a "big" personality. Will this incredibly strongly connected group pull him close or shut the door?

(I also saw a pic on Twitter where Bruno, Jose and Schelotto were eating together in a restaurant - so maybe it is a language thing?)

I thought the exact opposite on Friday. They all seemed delighted for him when he scored (including Ryan running most of the length of the pitch to congratulate him) and at the end when they all seemed really pleased for him. Made me think that, despite it not quite going for him so far, he must be popular in the dressing room.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think he's more an extrovert sort of character so I'm sure he's fine. There are other Spanish speakers plus he also seems to warm up with bong so he probably just looks a bit laid back and quiet

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
View attachment 90464

I think he's coming along just fine, he's thirsting to prove himself and when you're in a team with a bunch of guys who have known each other for a while it can take time to settle. Everyone adjusts in their own way and I think Izzy still has a lot to show.

Agreed. Haven't seen close to the best of him yet. I can see him getting involved in some pretty spectacular counter attacking moves.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

https://twitter.com/Argie_Rest_Hove/status/921872365499437056

[tweet]921872365499437056[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here