Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Name them.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
Mee and Tarkowski have got to be considered. More blocks/clearances than Dunk Duffy I believe? How comes Dunk is already ahead of these two in the England potential call-ups?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Firstly before I list who I think may be better I think that this is a difficult question because sometimes the way a team plays can expose their CB's, and against some of the quality in the Prem it can make good CB's look very average. The system we play helps Dunk and Duffy as they are very rarely isolated and can concentrate on wining headers and clearing crosses etc. I reckon these would be as good or better in our system, but Dunk and Duffy definitely have the potential to surpass a few of these.

Alderweireld & Verthongen (The best by a long way!) , Cahill & Luiz, Bailly & Jones or Smalling, Van Dijk & Yoshida, Kompany & Otamendi or Stones (Otamendi can be very poor), Morgan & Huth or Maguire.

I'm not trying to prove a point by naming these because Dunk and Duffy are excellent and I hope it continues.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Duffy's partnership with Lancing's finest is surely up there with the best.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-07-at-4.20.44-PM.jpg

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Jones or Smalling .

possibly the poorest/most over rated CHs in the PL.

True, D&D have been superb when playing in our defensive back 4 system but would be more exposed in a more expansive team.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Jan and Toby are the best partnership in the league, by a long way.

Toby is by far the best CB in the league, and arguably the best in the world at the moment

You're wrong my wife's crap at football.

D

Deleted member 2719

Name them.

Great thread.

D & D are strong leaders and I wouldn't swap for any partnerships, they are the first names on my team sheet as they inspire the whole team.

I am trying to think of other Albion centre back partnerships that would run them close from the past.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
possibly the poorest/most over rated CHs in the PL.

True, D&D have been superb when playing in our defensive back 4 system but would be more exposed in a more expansive team.

I put either of them with Bailly, not together!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Great thread.

D & D are strong leaders and I wouldn't swap for any partnerships, they are the first names on my team sheet as they inspire the whole team.

I am trying to think of other Albion centre back partnerships that would run them close from the past.

Lawrenson and Foster.

PG

Jul 7, 2003
Great thread.

Foster and Stevens were not bad in the top flight. Similar mix with Stevens the silky one of the pair. I think Duffy's passing may be better than Fozzies but that could just be fading memory on my part.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

D and D are great - but there is one CB partnership that they will never surpass. Back in our first season in the top flight, injuries and suspensions (plus, if I remember rightly, the need to play Lawrenson in midfield) gave us a crisis at CB - all we had was 17 year old Gary Stevens. There wasn't a transfer window in those days, so Mullery went and got in an old war-horse from Blackpool reserves called Peter Suddaby; probably old enough to be young Stevens' Dad.
So there they were, the 17 year old, and the old war-horse from Blackpool reserves, at the centre of our defence in the top flight. They did very well - it was only maybe for one match that they played together - or two or three at most - but it was epic! It was Rocky! it was Star Wars - all those rolled into one. An epic story that just couldn't happen today.
D & D are doing great -they were excellent on Friday night. But, for some of us oldies, there's no way we'll ever forget that brief period of Stevens and Suddaby somehow keeping out the leagues's finest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here