Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cup Final

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't really know what went tits up with Scottish football in the late 70s, or just after, but you'll have your work cut out persuading anybody he's not just another Jack Harper. Somehow, I think the rot set in when you changed from two leagues to four, but I've no idea why.

Not that type of player. He's a Midfield ''ball winner and distributor''

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn’t drinking pints of whisky Mark McGhee also manage Motherwell? Some nice Albion links on this thread.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Takes me back to the classic 91 Final 4 3 v Dundee Utd . I had the pleasure of attending with some Well loons i knew at the time,what a team. Maxwell ,Nijholt ,Boyd,Phil O Donnell RIP Davie Cooper RIP,Arnott ,Stevie Kirk. Saturday is service day:whistle:

I was there too. Stevie Kirk was one of my heroes. Another one of these midfielders with no real talent but boy did he know how to hit the net

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I was there too. Stevie Kirk was one of my heroes. Another one of these midfielders with no real talent but boy did he know how to hit the net

Always remember a Pub in Motherwell selling Beer at 1952 prices that day ,the last time Well had won the Cup before 91.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Always remember a Pub in Motherwell selling Beer at 1952 prices that day ,the last time Well had won the Cup before 91.

That's true 5p a pint in the Horseshoe bar next to the train station. And in The Puddler next to Civic Centre

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here